Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Antique Road Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone watch that program ?
or ever beento one ?

The wife and I were really hooked on it for awhile, we use to go to the "real" local auctions on the weekends and then sell the antiques and collecttables on Ebay before most ever heard of ebay.

Is was fun the first 2 years then just got to be to much work compared to the "enjoyment level...

Anyways, I am placing second in google now for that search term.."antique road show" .. nice bit of traffic from it... I just noticed it yeasterday aso I have to get working on that page...I tossed up an ebay link for see if we can grab a little bit of affiliate cash.

Any other Ideas on revenue ideas for that page ?

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gosh I bet that gets a ton of searches!
I watch it when I happen to be clicking around and see that it's on but that might be about once every couple of months. I love it when someone brings in some stupid little trinket and it ends up being worth some crazy amount of money;.

I think ebay may be about your best bet. I can't think of anything else at the moment but will definitely pm if I think of something good.

Good luck.

John

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My wife & I loved that show too Bid. In fact we owned an antique store for several years. Good idea to include that Road Show schedule on Convention Centers.us - it's a very nice draw. The Antique lexicon is a nice feature too.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Togoodhlth
Gosh I bet that gets a ton of searches!
I watch it when I happen to be clicking around and see that it's on but that might be about once every couple of months. I love it when someone brings in some stupid little trinket and it ends up being worth some crazy amount of money;.

I think ebay may be about your best bet. I can't think of anything else at the moment but will definitely pm if I think of something good.

Good luck.

John

Traffic is fair for it.. I just noticed a bump after googles last update and relized that page had snuck up to the top...

Not huge traffic but all traffic is good :) ..We will see how the ebay link does...

I supose I should do some affilate searchs on antiques and see whats available..I was just being lazy hoping someone would do the search for me :D plus I hasd to show off that great search term ! ... Big fans of the Antique shops like that...

You'll Like this..This is my little treasure hunt finds.
One of my favorite finds is this oil painting by Joyce Clark..

I paid $4 for it at a thrift store and had it appraised at $1,500.00 3 years ago ! "Laguna Love"

http://artamerica.com/a4s/cla-lag.shtml

See the resemblance to this one..the third picture..the one on the right..

http://www.hanacoast.com/Joyce_Clark.HTML

I think she turns 88-89 this year...

I called her after I found the painting because I wanted a better idea of the date.. Great Old Lady.. I asked her if she recalled what year she painted it she couldnt it was a long time ago.. She said ..Oh Dan , I'm sorry I dont recall it ...I have done so many through the years..then she said .. "was I any good " :laugh:

It actually isnt even for sale anymore..the wife made me keep it.. I paid to have it professionally cleaned by the Elayne Gallery in Minneapolis..
The same Gallery that had 3 Norman Rockwells stolen then recovered in Brazil ! (just interesting tidbits)
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/arttheft/southamerica/brazil/rockwell.htm

Joyce Clark isnt exactly a world renowned artist ..but she is a "listed" artist with lots of talent and for us "working" people it was pretty cool to pay $4 for a painting ..come home and do a search on the artist and find while not exactly a "jackpot" still a fantastic little bargain..

appreciate the comments Togood..

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
My wife & I loved that show too Bid. In fact we owned an antique store for several years. Good idea to include that Road Show schedule on Convention Centers.us - it's a very nice draw. The Antique lexicon is a nice feature too.

Thanks Duke, I missed your post..we must have been typing at the same time..

"lexicon" Damn Duke..there you go sending me off to dictionary.com.. :D

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

What havent you done Ron, Music store, Antique store Sportscaster , web businesss, Domain business...!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

What havent you done Ron, Music store, Antique store Sportscaster , web businesss, Domain business...!

Yep...I just can't hold down a job! :laugh:

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've watched the Show a few times, it's wild sometimes what people pay for things and what they are really worth.

Perhaps we need a " Domain Road Show " :)

Mike

PS : DomainRoadShow.com available :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom