Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any advice on SEDO/Afternic marketing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom2moon2

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie here.

Just listed my first domain to both SEDO and Afternic.

How do you make your listing more 'visible' to the end users ?
- Do you solicit potential end users ?
- Do you pay for featured listing ?
- Any other tricks ?

Thanks a bunch
mom2moon2
Newbie - learning to be a domainer

redomainer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie to the forum myself, but I've already learned some very good pointers from the people here.

I've had up to 300+ domains parked with Sedo for many years and currently have about 150-160. Do NOT waste your money with their featured listing service. In my opinion, it's a waste of your money. I've "featured" two domains with Sedo and NEVER saw either one listed on the homepage. Sedo has never responded to my e-mails asking for my money back.

As a result of Sedo's lack of business integrity and responsiveness (and advice in this forum), I then moved all my domains to Parked around Oct. 31/Nov. 1 of this year. I was probably averaging $20/month at Sedo and in my first month at Parked, it looks like I'll hit $40. Parked also has a much easier interface to use. I will say that I had a few sales/year by having my domains listed at Sedo and I may not have as many sales by having them listed at Parked.

There are a number of ways to sell your domains including this forum. I am certainly not the expert in the selling area but if you read through the forum you'll pick up a lot.

Best of luck!

Bill

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Make good posts in forums, with your best domains in your signature.

Good luck!

David @ NameMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good thread. We've begun a new forum called AfternicDLSblog.com. You will find on the forum insightful best practices that we've found through selling tens of thousands of domain names, anecdotal feedback from our 17 sales executives, and some good ole common sense. Please feel free to visit the forum, read it, and provide your thoughts / feedback. It was created to provide greater information to the domain community.

Best of luck!

David

David @ NameMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In order to make it easier for everyone, let me provide you with some information to contact us if anyone has any questions. I think you'll find the team here to be very experienced and committed to assist our customers.

Phone: 1-866-277-3420 (Toll Free in the U.S.)
1-781-839-7997 (Worldwide)

Chat: http://www.buydomains.com/links/LiveChat

All the best,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom