Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Any Canadian English majors here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own practise.ca and I can't figure out it's value.

In the U.S. they use just practice, but in Canada we use practice as a noun (ie. law practice), and practise as a verb (ie. practise law), or do we?

Because of the discrepancy, it's very hard to know if there is much value to the name.

Domain Days 2024

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not too much. Most folks in Canada see U.S. based spelling, incorrect as it is, and that is making your domain more or less a typo for "practice.ca" than anything else.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen the distinction in the US as well but not too often so I have to agree your name looks like a typo... ironically.

djallan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In this case I don't think that it really matters which is right spelling or wrong.

Google results for practise 14,300,000 compared to 448,000,000 for practice suggests that practise is rarely (relatively) used.

Wordtracker indicates few searches for practise and thousands monthly for practice.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I compared the results in a Google search also, but then I realized that the comparison 14 Million vs 448 Million probably wasn't really useful for Canada. It would be like comparing colour vs color, 235 Million vs 1,170 Million, but I believe that in Canada colour.ca would be a better name to have.

I do have to agree that practise.ca will not be worth very much. I was hoping that us Canadians might use the verb properly, damn yankees.

I appreciate everyone's comments.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do have to agree that practise.ca will not be worth very much. I was hoping that us Canadians might use the verb properly, damn yankees.

That we Canadians might use pronouns properly, also!:smilewinkgrin:

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean in any way to suggest that I was an English Major, far from it. I was just hoping everyone else in Canada might have a degree in English, so practise.ca would be worth something. That's not asking too much is it? ;)

Thanks for the grammatical correction. I will hitherto therewith be checking my grammatics. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom