Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any experiences with buydomains.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I need a domain for my website and it belongs to buydomains.com. Their price is a little bit higher than I thought.
If anyone of you have ever bought a domain from them, I would like to know how the negotiation went. Any recommmendations are welcome.
And I also found the name is for sale at sedo at a relatively lower price (minimal price) than what they ask for on their own site. But when the negotiation starts, surely they will ask for more than that. So should I go with sedo or should I contact them directly?
Thank you for your input.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They usually start with an attractive figure as do most on sedo then they shock you with a 4-5 figure asking price...I have not had any luck dealing with them. I guess the names I wanted were strong enough that they didn't feel the need to negotiate...

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i bought a few domains from them. if you want to do it right this is how it's done...

1. show them you are interested in the domain, but you are looking at a few others on another site (ex: sedo).

2. tell them their price is too high and the best you can do is $x

3. if they agree, buy, if they decline wait ~2-6 weeks and you'll likely get something from them in the mail saying that the price dropped to $x.

best bet is to do it over the phone. their negotiators aren't that good. just tell them you really like the name but for the same price you can get 2 similar ones on sedo. tell them the funds have been approved and money is available (if you are looking to close the deal right away they are more willing to drop the price).

let me know if you have any other questions.

ChrisJP

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They have a domain which I am interested in right now. I don't want to disclose it here, but I went to request price and it says:
Thank you for your interest in this domain. Domain values vary widely, but have a minimum of $888.00.
$888? But then I click on the "Similar Domains for Sale" and I see there is one listed for $350.00 which I can supposedly "Buy now". So what's with the $888 thing? Evidently it isn't actually their minimum.
As you can probably tell I'm not a big time domainer, and the name I'm interested in is definitely just $xxx value.
Anyway I think I'm gonna go ahead and try to get it... we'll see how it goes.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
duskdawn said:
Hi,
I need a domain for my website and it belongs to buydomains.com. Their price is a little bit higher than I thought.
If anyone of you have ever bought a domain from them, I would like to know how the negotiation went. Any recommmendations are welcome.
And I also found the name is for sale at sedo at a relatively lower price (minimal price) than what they ask for on their own site. But when the negotiation starts, surely they will ask for more than that. So should I go with sedo or should I contact them directly?
Thank you for your input.

As Luc said, contact them directly. If you make an offer via SEDO they will raise the price on their site by at least 25%-50%.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just sent you a PM. I might be able to help.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys, for all the help.
I started the negotiation at sedo since I want to test the water first without disclose myself.
After several offers and counter-offers, he gave me a final price higher than the BIN price on their website. So I canceled the negotiation and I think I should contact them directly.
BTW, thank you Domain Jedi, I will take a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom