Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Any good Email solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering since we all use our domains for email addresses, well, at least for business use, what email hosts do you use?
I know most web hosts provide free pop3 accounts. But frankly speaking I prefer IMAP and a decent webmail interface since I cannot access outlook on my home computer during the day and any trip.
I found runbox the best so far but $50/yr is a little bit too pricey.
Any experiences? Or care to let me know how you manage your emails from personal to domain business?
Thanks.:wubpink:

Domain Days 2024

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I host all of my own email. When out of town I check it via the webmail interface on my server. :)

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
duskdawn even if u have pop , u can access email from webinterface .

sites like mail2web.com allow u to check email from any pop3 server.

Also if u have the name at enom, u should look for email solution from enom , it cost $9.95 a year with 20 MB X 10 emails .

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
scorpio said:
duskdawn even if u have pop , u can access email from webinterface .

sites like mail2web.com allow u to check email from any pop3 server.

Also if u have the name at enom, u should look for email solution from enom , it cost $9.95 a year with 20 MB X 10 emails .
Yes, I know, but I try to find some IMAP mail host solutions, since I need to backup not only the inbox but the outbox, drafts etc on my home computer.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forward your domain email addresses to a web based email provider such as gmail, thats what I do. You can then set it up to act as though you are sending emails from that same email address.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have my own server but I block smtp and pop ports there (tcpdump -n | grep :smtp shows about 10-20 connections per every SECOND on SMTP port).

I use pair.com - very reliable, imap and webmail, advanced filters etc.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:
Forward your domain email addresses to a web based email provider such as gmail, thats what I do. You can then set it up to act as though you are sending emails from that same email address.

Forwading my email address to gmail and Mail2web.com works perfectly fine for me.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maroulis said:
I use GMAIL for domains.. :) still in beta but you can sign up and hopefully get an invite within a week or two

But can you do that for personal mail? I thought you have to have a large number of people using the domain for email, such as a corporation or good sized company?

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
007 said:
But can you do that for personal mail? I thought you have to have a large number of people using the domain for email, such as a corporation or good sized company?

Yes you can, I have Gmail for 2 of my domains (18.org / fourviewsvegas.com) I just filled in application form, put down 5 users I think and got the invite 1 week or so later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom