Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any legal issues with using 'myspace' inclusive domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is, domains with 'myspace' in the name? This seemed the appropriate place to post. Sorry if there's a post already addressing this, but I figured someone around here would know one way or the other since I see them being sold as both developed sites and domains.

Have there been any problems with myspace getting on the case of domains with myspace in the name, UDRP's, etc?

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MySpace agressively defends their mark. If you have one, chances are they will find you eventually.

Sidenote, just because everyone does it, it doesn't make it legal...

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was more curious than anything because of hte large volume of myspace names that go up for sale in the sales forums.

Seems like those threads aught to either be clearly marked as potential trademark trouble or be removed altogether, since not everyone is aware of exactly what constitutes trademark infringement. I guess it's a buyer beware situation, but it still strikes me a shady and that reflects on the forum as a whole.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... and that is why the domain business has a bad rep.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They can be big trouble, myspace seems to be very aggressive in going after any bad faiths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom