Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any members from UK going to Wembley Arena MMA on 21st May?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been given two VIP ringside tickets for the MMA event at Wembley on 21st May by GoDaddy (they are one of the sponsors). The event is featuring The Middleweight title fight between Tom 'Kong' Watson v's Murilo 'Ninja' Rua. I was wondering if any members here were also going - I know several domainers are scheduled to go thanks to GoDaddy.

Just be prepared for me to occassionally mention www.Fig.ht between the bouts! :eek:k:

Last edited:

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No other members from DNF going? No one interested in MMA?

This will be my first MMA I have ever been to, so it should be interesting. From a domaining point of view it will be nice to be with a few other domainers and undoubtedly have a bit of a chat as well as just make contacts and perhaps a little networking for the future.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BAMMA puts on some decent fights. I've never been to a live MMA event but I've heard they're a load of fun.

Can't wait for Georges St-Pierre vs. Jake Shields this Saturday.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Seraphim, pity you are not in the UK I could have taken you on the second ticket.

I have done some research now into MMA, only because of owning Fig.ht, and the last BAMMA event had over 800k viewing and no doubt paying handsomely to do so. This is certainly taking off worldwide, and yet I know nothing about the sport. I guess I will learn a lot though on the 21st (hope so anyway - otherwise it will be a waste of a ringside ticket).

I was hoping that a couple of members here had also been given tickets by GoDaddy, that way we would be able to have a mini-domainers meeting during the intervals.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to watch several NBA games just seven rows up from court-side. Despite having followed NBA on television for decades I was absolutely awestruck by the sport as a real in person spectator. Seeing human beings that large move with that level of agility is nothing short of a phenomenon. I walked away from each one of those games puzzled by the thought that I had never truly "known what NBA basketball was all about" prior, despite having been a decades long fan of the sport. Television captures 1/1000th of the experience, a discrepancy not so obvious until you witness an NBA event live.

I've also heard the same thing is true with MMA, that watching televised events is nothing compared to witnessing it live. MMA is truly an art, it's a legitimate sport with as much credibility as any other, however it is undeniably violent. I've been told that the first couple of live MMA matches can be somewhat jolting to get accustomed to. Your hands might start sweating a bit, you're probably bound to cringe a few times, etc. The energy of the crowd during live MMA events is also supposed to be second to none, sort of a throw back to the days of the Roman Colosseum I guess.

I'm sure it will be an unforgettable experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom