Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Any of you young Bucks looking for a new career

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want to share what my son did because this is a fairly unkown fact, but there is plenty of job oppurtunities in the Gulf for commercial divers, basically you have to attend an accredited commercial diving school cost is about 10k for a 5/6 month school and buy your dive equiptment plus room and board. My son got the whole package for about 15k at International diving institute in charleston SC. He then went to work with one of the big diving companies in the gulf, he is on a barge working as a tender they help divers with gear and compression chambers etc. After training for 6 months or so they start diving. But all his room and board is free and works 7 days a week 40 hours straight time and 44 hours overtime. So he takes home about 1k a week and I think being he is in international waters it is tax free, granted diving is a dangerous job, and you have to pass a diving physicals, but the divers make from 300-600 dollars a day. If I was young again i would do this for 5 years and save enough to be set for life.Just thought I would pass it on if anyone is intersted, I guess there are many other oppurtunities in central america working on pipelines, water tanks dams etc as well as plenty of oppurtunities overseas

Domain Days 2024

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you can get eaten by a stingray :eek:

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so they make 300-600 dollars a day and he only takes home 1k a week?
Pretty poor money for a 84 hour week where I come from

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so they make 300-600 dollars a day and he only takes home 1k a week?
Pretty poor money for a 84 hour week where I come from

It doesn't add up?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a dangerous place to be..with no computer access...but definitely a respectable job! Hope he is safe and does well.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he is just a tender now,not a diver, this company makes you learn the ropes from the bottom up, he has the certifications while some dive companies start you out diving this one doesnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom