Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any one have interest in pooling our traffic and submit our google feed by own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As you know, then we can have the maximun revenue.
We need 750,000 page view per month. It is not too much, if we pool our traffic.
Post your suggestion here if you have some idea.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You mean to get into Google Domain Parking or become Google Publisher Partner?

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes. This is what I said

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
t10host.com said:
As you know, then we can have the maximun revenue.
We need 750,000 page view per month. It is not too much, if we pool our traffic.
Post your suggestion here if you have some idea.

You'll find at the end of the day it takes far more then 750K to get a Google feed. You'll also find it takes a multiple of that number over time to get a decent rate from them. By decent I mean enough that you'll earn more with your own feed then you would at say Domain Sponsor, Fabulous or any other google feed.

Assuming you have the traffic needed to "compete" then you need software to run it on. You're not going to find an off the shelf package to do this. It will surely need to be custom written. Besides the simple steps of this software like displaying a template with listings there is all the reporting needed and most of all a good/great fraud detection system in place. Without this you'll see the feed getting closed probably much quicker then expected. Don't foget you'll need hardware and bandwidth to run it on.

There is a whole lot more work involved in running a parking service then you would think. By the time you figure in hardware, software, bandwidth (co-location of machines), maintenance, backups you'll be lucky to get close to the earnings you see now at other services, plus you have you own time involvement.

I run search engines and parking sites so this isn't guessing on my part. It's a lot of work. BTW, I have both a Google feed and Yahoo/Overture feed as well as many smaller feeds and guess were most of my own domains get parked? DS, Skenzo, Fabulous, Parked, TrafficZ, GoldKey. I test them each of them (constantly) to see where they produce the most money. I have some that I run on my own feeds but less then 10%.

Now with all this said, don't think you can't do it. You can, but you really want to think about having more like 5 million and not 750K monthly uniques to make it worth the while.

Carlo

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great info Carlo, thanks for that.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is everyone here talking about this?

http://www.google.com/domainpark/

"AdSense for domains was designed with minimal integration in mind, and should take only a few hours to set up."

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes

It is a good artical

Thanks a lot

I will prepare it for a longer time

cayars said:
You'll find at the end of the day it takes far more then 750K to get a Google feed. You'll also find it takes a multiple of that number over time to get a decent rate from them. By decent I mean enough that you'll earn more with your own feed then you would at say Domain Sponsor, Fabulous or any other google feed.

Assuming you have the traffic needed to "compete" then you need software to run it on. You're not going to find an off the shelf package to do this. It will surely need to be custom written. Besides the simple steps of this software like displaying a template with listings there is all the reporting needed and most of all a good/great fraud detection system in place. Without this you'll see the feed getting closed probably much quicker then expected. Don't foget you'll need hardware and bandwidth to run it on.

There is a whole lot more work involved in running a parking service then you would think. By the time you figure in hardware, software, bandwidth (co-location of machines), maintenance, backups you'll be lucky to get close to the earnings you see now at other services, plus you have you own time involvement.

I run search engines and parking sites so this isn't guessing on my part. It's a lot of work. BTW, I have both a Google feed and Yahoo/Overture feed as well as many smaller feeds and guess were most of my own domains get parked? DS, Skenzo, Fabulous, Parked, TrafficZ, GoldKey. I test them each of them (constantly) to see where they produce the most money. I have some that I run on my own feeds but less then 10%.

Now with all this said, don't think you can't do it. You can, but you really want to think about having more like 5 million and not 750K monthly uniques to make it worth the while.

Carlo

Yes
March2005 said:
Is everyone here talking about this?

http://www.google.com/domainpark/

"AdSense for domains was designed with minimal integration in mind, and should take only a few hours to set up."

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My parking system is sort of based on this concept. I created some better parking templates so the CTR is wonderful. So far, I am getting much better results than sedo. 5-6x. That's without any special favors from google. My concept is you use your own account, so their is no payment problems, no need for fraud detection (wont put my account at risk)...

I have tried to get a direct google xml ad feed to go into my templates (like sedo) but have run into a stone wall... I figured that I can "pool" my domains with a few others here, we can easily be supplying over 750K pageviews/month, but they want it all comming from one domain. I might have to move up the chain of command at G...

Steve

zenom

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can you please show us exampels of your domains ?

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevesko,

Are you sure they require 750,000 page views for a single domain? I thought if one has portfolio, it's ok.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
stevesko,

Are you sure they require 750,000 page views for a single domain? I thought if one has portfolio, it's ok.

I applied under parking4income (which has very little traffic) and they sent an automated denial, basicly saying "when you grow up" you can reapply...

A really demeaning email, but they said my domain did not reach their minimum traffic level... they did not even ask about my portfolio... and that was not just a straight application from their site.. I'm a large advertisier, so I figured I would use my google rep to help out... that's WITH the help.

Steve

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevesko said:
I applied under parking4income (which has very little traffic) and they sent an automated denial, basicly saying "when you grow up" you can reapply...

A really demeaning email, but they said my domain did not reach their minimum traffic level... they did not even ask about my portfolio... and that was not just a straight application from their site.. I'm a large advertisier, so I figured I would use my google rep to help out... that's WITH the help.

Steve

I see. Just on the Contact Us page one has to mention number of domains in the portfolio and number of pageviews, which makes me think it is for portfolio and not for a single domain, however as it seems you have more experience with that.

So with the help of google rep, you got into the google domain parking program?

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
supplying over 750K pageviews/month, but they want it all comming from one domain
Really!
It is very hard to develop a site to 750.000/month

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
t10host.com,

It is not actually about developed site, it is undeveloped domain, which makes me think 750K requirement is for domain portfolio. It is not that easy to find a domain with that many page views per month which is undeveloped.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
I see. Just on the Contact Us page one has to mention number of domains in the portfolio and number of pageviews, which makes me think it is for portfolio and not for a single domain, however as it seems you have more experience with that.

So with the help of google rep, you got into the google domain parking program?

I wouldn't say I have more experience... I sent in an application in it was denied. My google rep could NOT help, or rather her help did no good. I agree that it should be for the portfolio (of which in parked pages I still don't qualify- I have a mix of ecommerce, affiliate, pure content to pass PR, and parked/adsense sites) but they didn't bother asking. . Perhaps I should have done a straight forward application, maby the help of my rep actually hurt....

I figured that if I can get a few of us using my parking program, our traffic as a group would qualify for some attention and we would all benefit. I really designed the parking templates in parking4income for my own use to maximize my parking revenue and figured I would offer it to other DNF'ers for the cost of cheap hosting.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom