Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any restriction on transfering a newly registered domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Success

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a period of 60 days before we can transfer a domain away?

How about Enom?

If someone wants to buy a domain from me but the domain was registered less than 60 days ago, what do you advise?

Thanks

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't use Enom, but I believe you can bypass the waiting period at registrars where you can push the domain to another account.

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had this problem at godaddy but I am not so sure about enom..I think this should be ICAAN rule but i am not sure..

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had this issue yesterday with a name I wanted to transfer from enom to godaddy. I had just purchased the domain at enom.

Godaddy told me over the phone that I had to wait 60 days to make the transfer.

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, there is no way to bypass this 60 day ICAAN rule.

Some registrars offer to "push" a domain from one account to another, but a change of registrar should not be possible.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no waiver for the 60 day waiting period unless i am wrong somebody correct me. In certain cases some registrars even require that the whois info should not have been changed for a certain period.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Enom.com's terms and conditions regarding transfer !

http://www.enom.com/terms/agreement.asp

TRANSFERS: You agree that transfer of your domain name(s) services shall be governed by ICANN's transfer policy, available at http://www.icann.org/transfers/, as this policy may be modified from time to time. You agree that we may place a "Registrar Lock" on your domain name services and that this will prevent your domain name services from being transferred without your authorization, though we are not required to do so. By allowing your domain name services to remain locked, you provide express objection to any and all transfer requests until the lock is removed. To transfer your domain name(s) you should first login to your account to lock or unlock your domain name(s) and/or to obtain the EPP "AuthCode" which is required to transfer domain services in an EPP registry (such as .org). Alternatively, you should contact your Primary Service Provider to have your domain name(s) services locked or unlocked or to obtain the EPP "AuthCode." If your Primary Service Provider is unresponsive, you may contact us to have your domain name(s) locked or unlocked or to obtain the EPP "AuthCode" though we may first contact your Primary Service Provider to request that the Primary Service Provider address the request. Only the registrant and the administrative contacts listed in the WHOIS information may approve or deny a transfer request. Without limitation, domain name services may not be transferred within 60 days of initial registration, within 60 days of a transfer, if there is a dispute regarding the identity of the domain name registrant, if you are bankrupt, or if you fail to pay fees when due. We will follow the procedures for both gaining and loosing registrars as outlined in ICANN's transfer policies. Transfer requests typically take five business days to be processed. A transfer will not be processed if, during this time, the domain name registration services expire in which event you may need to reinstate the transfer request. You may be required to resubmit a transfer request if there is a communication failure or other problem at either our end or at the registry. AS A CONSEQUENCE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR FAILURE OF A TRANSFER IF THE TRANSFER PROCESS IS INITIATED CLOSE TO THE END OF A REGISTRATION TERM.

Success

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also found out that Enom requires the domain to be 60 days before we can transfer.

But are we able to push to another Enom account before 60 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom