Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any significance in registering a company name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

heirJORDAN

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for a domain? I don't necessarily want to go through the hassle, especially since my domain's (w/ ideal company name) is already taken. But is there any significance to it? Will it protect my domain any more than if I didn't place a company name?

Just curious, I can't find info on it anywhere.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Getting your company name as a domain name is vital...but I not sure I understand what you are asking...can you clarify?

heirJORDAN

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just heard about some registrars taking ownership of some domains, or something along the lines. That's what I meant.

Also, if I don't have any intentions on selling anything on my website for the time being, is it still anything worth regustering a company name? Or whenever I do decide to sell, can I just go back and put my company name in?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You want to register your names right now.

It does not matter if you are not going to use them right away...just make sure there are no trademark issues with the names you reg.

And what I mean by right now is...stop reading this message...go right to your registrar and buy the names. If you do not have a registrar go to a reputable company that is not expensive. If you want suggestions on this...I'm sure there are areas on this forum that can help you...or just pm me.

Good luck.

heirJORDAN

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm definately trying to, but I'm short a measley $5 for the time being until Pay Pal gets the money from my bank account. I'm considering doing the .com for now, since I have that, and just going back for the .net

Thanks for all your help BTW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom