Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any special meaning to "Night Night"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, friends ..

I have had numerous offers for the domain name NightNight.com on my domain site in the past three weeks. Most of the offers seem to be coming from the UK region. I'm wondering if there is a special meaning to this name all of a sudden.

Can anyone "enlighten" me? Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Sheila

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we say "Nos da" in wales, even Us who don't speak the lingo well..

wilco

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The correct expression (as confirmed by my grandchildren) is:

"Night, night, sleep tight,
Don't let the bugs bite!"

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys. I know about the general meaning of "goodnight" that is attached to "Night Night," (although I never heard of the "windex" reference, Theo!! :laugh: :laugh: ).

What I was wondering, specifically, is if there is some current meaning or very recent reference to this phrase that would make it suddenly very popular. I'm stumped.

Any additional ideas? ;)

Thanks a bunch,

Sheila

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by current meaning, but the name could have several uses. For instance, a kid's site selling story books or bed linen or soft toys - maybe a site for insomnia cures or one selling nighties and pyjamas.
Don't be surprised by the interest in the name - I think it's a very good one.

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging words, Ed. I agree. I like the name. What stumps me is that I have owned this name for well over a year, but it is only within the last three weeks that I have received any offers, and suddenly, I am receiving quite a few.

Before I sell this domain for a small price, I want to understand why the interest seems to have peaked. When I purchased it a year ago from a pre-appraised DomainsBot list, it was valued at around $14K. I doubt that it's worth anywhere near that amount, but it's hard to know what it is worth, particularly if it suddenly has a rash of new meanings or uses.

I'm sure you can see my dilemma. I don't want to turn away decent offers, but I don't want to accept an offer if it is truly way too low. I know that we mostly deal in reseller figures here, but if I could get a sense of the value of this name in the end-user market, that would be "Oh so helpful" right now. :)

Thanks for your help,

Sheila

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez lawpsych, are u trying to give me a heart attack???

I opened your domain site in a new window & continued to read this thread until your site scared me with that lightning sound. :\

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear Cyphix,

So sorry to have awakened you from down under. Exactly how loud did you have your sound system set?

You can't say I didn't get your attention! I hope I didn't scare you away, my friend.
I must have frightened you, 'cause I've never seen a face that looks like :/
in all of my years on the net. I hope you have reclaimed your smile.

Happy to administer CPR,

Sheila

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you've had only one offer. Maybe someone is asking from a few different emails to see what you say each time.

RMF

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha LP..... my speakers wern't that loud luckily, but it still gave me a fright.

As for the face lol... that is a very common face on the net (atleast where I have been)... i means like "oh well". ;)

RMF: Yes, I agree with you, that is very possible.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
To understand the Windex joke you need to see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" :D

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah, THAT Windex joke, Theo ... and I even saw that movie recently and loved it. Sorry to be so dense. :embarrass

RMF: Actually, 2 of the offers are definitely from the same person, and those two offers are 3 weeks apart ... not sure about the others, however.

I guess there isn't any particular "new" or "current" use of the term. I really appreciate all of your replies, however. They have been informative and even entertaining!

Grins,
Sheila AKA "LP" (I like that new nickname, Cyphix! I think I will keep it!).

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
possible reasons
1) film produced 2001
http://www.margintrip.co.uk/beyond.shtml
price for them ..up to 10$
2)new show on BBC2 ( thought of me , there isn t any)
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/ukie?p=nightnight&y=uk
""6.Rhythm & Sound With Tikiman - ... They are something new but old. And they have some big fans on Nightnight on BBC2! Kindly supplied by Liam at SRD in the UK. Many thanks. ... ""
www.rayx.freeserve.co.uk/rhythmandsound.htm
2k$
3)new reality show for (my imagination works well)
40k$
4)song .. http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.coldman/pages/night.htm
3k$
5)http://www.soulo.co.uk/coolcards/nightnight.html
general use
2k$
i hope i helped

Tassos
:)

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear tassos,

Many belated thanks for the information you provided. I'm so sorry that I didn't see your message until now. I will definitely follow up on your suggestions and see what happens. But what in the world is a "Dragonrose?" I must be behind the times or totally out of touch, but I don't know what this is.

In any case, thanks again for your thoughtful response and for all of the time you took to look this up for me!

Warmest regards,
Sheila

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom