Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any successful .co sites up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Other than being hyped for all the wrong reasons, are there any stellar examples of .co sites up and running?

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My first .co site, I threw at Epik to see what it does, MensDressShirts.co. Nothing really as of yet.....

How about you Doc, did you register and park/try any?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all hype and marketing.

-=DCG=-

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought one GEO .co. I noticed that a big player in BC Canada bought up most of the real estate ones.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
During one of my search for a product, the first five or six pages had more than half with a .co extension. All of the sites were interlinked so obviously someone created their own network of sites and ended up getting all of the ranked quite high on google.

The downside to this is yes, they were the direct knock off of the .com. Not cool. And people want to know why there are so many laws being passed regarding TM and brandsquatting.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all hype and marketing.

-=DCG=-

I can attest to that Adam! Only have total of 3 .co sites. Two are defensive registrations and one was put up mostly as an experiment to see if it's true the .co would get typo traffic intended for the .com version and other traffic too.

Found a perfect site listed for sale on Flippa (with all other extensions taken except .co) listed for 800k BIN, which my research indicated did in fact have extremely high traffic, with these published stats:

■Page views per month: 836,000
■Uniques per month: 471,000
■Gross monthly revenue (avg): $200,000 (USD)
■Net monthly profit (avg): $200,000 (USD)
■Listed starting price: $100,000 (USD)

so I figured with 471,000 mo uniques going to the .com, my .co site would get substantial traffic.

Made a small site for it in Nov., even did some SEO work, and waited fo all the .com typo traffic. Over the last 30-days it has just 9 visitors total, with only 6 typeins and 3 from SEO. Isn't that sad!

A good test showing how over-hyped and low value these .co domains are and why I predict most of them will drop upon first renewal date.

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A good test showing how over-hyped and low value these .co domains are and why I predict most of them will drop upon first renewal date.

I agree, some will buy .co when Go Daddy's Super Bowl airs but in the end most will be disappointed when they learn they didn't get the .com.

The two big winners with this over hyped cctld are Go Daddy and the .co registry.

Some .co's will be branded and that will make those ones successful.

New cctld's are always domainer pipe dreams, remember .mobi and .be, and I don't hear that much about .tel lately either.

-=DCG=-

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a .co.uk, does that count ? :)

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I regged one .co, in one of my niches, just to test the hype.

Google shows 22k exact local searches/month.

2 views since I have owned it, and at least one of them was me making sure it was resolving.

Yes, all hype.

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

2 views since I have owned it, and at least one of them was me making sure it was resolving.

Yes, all hype.

My target was LLL.co with more than 800K exact searches. I got to sleep, it got registered... :lol:

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New cctld's are always domainer pipe dreams, remember .mobi and .be, and I don't hear that much about .tel lately either.-=DCG=-

what's wrong with .be ? It is market as a ccTLD and the domains tend to get traffic.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have some registered .co for defensive registration. Though I use www.breed.co for my dog blog.

I plan to use other .co for directory/classified service. It's a long shot but manageable budget.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Yes, all hype.

Well here's my experience with .CO

Fasfa.co @ Sedo 32 day stats Uniques 103 Clicks 7 0.43 USD 6.80% 3.02 USD

And its not the only only. Oh and it's a typo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom