Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

any useful .domains anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manyagem

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I failed to get classic.domains but was pleased to get manyagem.domains (my uk company name) and even more pleased to get gem.domains.

Will they work for us? Who knows?

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe.. i am note sure , I registered SouthAmerica.domains with
4,53million search results on g....e

(as individual words in brackets)

billp3

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried to get brandable.domains but it was cancelled by GD a few days after I placed the order.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how much godiddy charge for .domains?

billp3

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Too much -- $39.99. Considerably more than some other registrars. I didn't check around first because I didn't think there would be such a disparity. Doesn't matter I guess because I didn't get it anyway.

billp3

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, but I don't think I'll be registering too many gTLD's right now!

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anything that make sense is reserved by the registry....

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@vinsdomains.com

Yes, I saw the list you registered posted in another forum. Some good ones in there, which were on my list as well. I didn't get around to looking up any .domains domains until about a day later, if I recall correctly. But I still found plenty of good options. For example: I got Numerical.domains, Appraising.domains, Brokering.domains, etc.

Finding good domains that are not reserved by the registries isn't really very challenging. Yes, they hold back some. Yes, other domainers get the good ones early. But it doesn't much matter, in my opinion. The REAL challenge with these vanity extensions is selling them -- even when you get the good ones. I could register hundreds or thousands of domains the registries OUGHT to have reserved or priced higher. Competition is spread pretty thin; so it's 100,000 times easier to get "good" domains in these new extensions. That gives us domainers a false sense of value, I suspect, because we're accustomed to finding it difficult to hand-register quality domains.

Finding "good" domains in nTLDs is not hard. It's embarrassingly easy. Finding buyers for those "good" nTLD domains -- that's not so easy.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's easy cause its like as if the .com started and there are variants of the extensions.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@vinsdomains.com

Yes, I saw the list you registered posted in another forum. Some good ones in there, which were on my list as well. I didn't get around to looking up any .domains domains until about a day later, if I recall correctly. But I still found plenty of good options. For example: I got Numerical.domains, Appraising.domains, Brokering.domains, etc.
We were shopping at the same time, as I had appraising.domains in my box and when I went to pay, it was no longer available. Some goodies there, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom