Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Any Value in .ws Names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfMyDomain

Co-Founder & CEO of Book Like A Boss
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just purchased joint.ws.

It is my first .ws domain name as I don't belive in the long term value of them, but this one was too good to resist. What is everyone's opinion on .ws names?

Thanks!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen some very good .ws names trading for $35 to $400. They work fine for development and have seen some sites using them making big bucks. Don't get lost in the commie talk about url bar type-ins as these are for search bar type-ins only. But who cares? The $ are the same wherever they come from.

Thing is to reg them at GoDaddy or resellers as they aren't transferable between registrars. I believe enom and other registrars will be lowering their reg fees soon and that will give the .ws extension a boost as well. From what I've seen, they are less costly and more accepted than a lot of the other alternative extensions like .cc and .tv etc. .WS is always going to worth less than .US though.
Doc

MasterOfMyDomain

Co-Founder & CEO of Book Like A Boss
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Would you say the order would be:

.biz
.ws
.cc
.tv
.name

Thank's for replying. I see you pwn baseballforums.com. I own MrMLB.com. Do you think it has good value?

Stocdoctor said:
I've seen some very good .ws names trading for $35 to $400. They work fine for development and have seen some sites using them making big bucks. Don't get lost in the commie talk about url bar type-ins as these are for search bar type-ins only. But who cares? The $ are the same wherever they come from.

Thing is to reg them at GoDaddy or resellers as they aren't transferable between registrars. I believe enom and other registrars will be lowering their reg fees soon and that will give the .ws extension a boost as well. From what I've seen, they are less costly and more accepted than a lot of the other alternative extensions like .cc and .tv etc. .WS is always going to worth less than .US though.
Doc

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
I've seen some very good .ws names trading for $35 to $400.
Yeah, I for example have done some fairly good business with reselling .WS last year, but lately not so much.

Thing is to reg them at GoDaddy or resellers as they aren't transferable between registrars.
Best prices for .WS these days are no longer at GoDaddy/its resellers. Instead, you may want to reg them at (these two registrars that I am happy with myself) DynaDot.com ($7.99) and DomainSite.com ($7.95)

Rob

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MasterOfMyDomain said:
Thanks!
Would you say the order would be:

.biz
.ws
.cc
.tv
.name

Thank's for replying. I see you pwn baseballforums.com. I own MrMLB.com. Do you think it has good value?

Petty close with your ranking. How I see it:

.com
.us
.org
.info
.biz
.ws
.net
.tv
.cc
.name

I'm finally gonna start cranking up my BaseballForum.com this year. It's been sitting there for 3 years without my doing much of anything with it and it was still #1 in Google last I checked under Baseball Forums. I think your MrMLB.com would make a good blog site.

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll buy your .net's of you if you think they're so weak :)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domaindruid said:
I'll buy your .net's of you if you think they're so weak :)

I'll remember that when I come to sell some of them soon. All I know is that my % return on investment with the .nets stinks. I've let em drop instead of bothering trying to sell them. It ain't cause I don't know a good keyword when I see it, as the same keyword in an alternative extension has sold.

Riddle me that one Bat Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom