Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any value to old blog sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehdonhon

Open-source developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I notice a lot of domain names dropping that used to be personal blog sites for some person or another. They usually have gathered a lot of links from other personal blogs, but I wonder how many of those links ever get following since they come from old journal entries. Also, the sites usually don't have any specific theme or topic, so I would think the only thing you could do with it is put some very generic links on it.

Do these sites really have any value? Do they keep getting traffic once they cease being a blog? Is there something that can be done with these sites that take advantage of the fact that they used to be blog sites?

Thanks.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The links are valuable for generating traffic, but only if they survive the drop. Generally, Google listed links do not count for Pagerank, and oftentimes stale links get dropped off by the originating site administrator.

Also- if people have the site in their favorites list, but upon coming there find that the old blog is now an advertising site, they will generally eliminate it from their favs.

You could, of couse continue the blog and use the traffic for advertising and/or linking purposes. However properly maintaining a blog can be a lot of work.

I hope this helps a little!

DNInvestor

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They should also still have incoming links - they may not have informed everyone linking to them that they have shutdown

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blogs are not the best expired domains. Someone speaking from experience... imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom