Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anybody But Me Picking up Global Warming Names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H2FC

Big conclusive news coming out tomorrow on GlobalWarming....just wondering if anybody else in here is registering any names for the expected new traffic....or am I the only one?

Domain Days 2024

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What news? That Bush's offer to cut 20% means his oil buddies will make $10 per gallon?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sad but true. Watch those icecaps melt away!

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
H2FC, What have you registered?

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello H2FC,

Yes, there is currently an international conference in Paris with all the worlwide climate experts. They should render their verdict tomorrow.

But they already said in the french news last night they are now all speaking about: "bombe climatique"
So I registered the dot com name (I am not egoist and let the other extensions available).
I also registered few dot com variations of the english translation.

It's the fault of our friend Namestrands, and his Al Gore story .... LOL

Because lately I am not registering names, and probably I will not have think about if I still not have in mind the Namestrands story which reminded us the importance of this subject.

Thanks Namestrands!

ecalc

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
News flash: Experts correlate manmade Co2 on Earth and rapid melting of Martian polar ice caps! Skeptics blame Sun.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Problem with these domains is the ppc is low. For me anyways -

H

H2FC

Problem with these domains is the ppc is low. For me anyways -

Yes....I've noticed that too. But don't you think as they attract more advertisers the ppc will be better? I really believe global warming as well as alternative energy is gonna be very important and well known subjects from here on.

NURCA

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Real people's lives are at stake here literally. I would rather invest on high paying terms and sell to high paying buyers as opposed to buying low paying words that directly impact "human life" for the sake of an end-user, who would be better off putting those funds towards stopping Global warming.

H

H2FC

Real people's lives are at stake here literally. I would rather invest on high paying terms and sell to high paying buyers as opposed to buying low paying words that directly impact "human life" for the sake of an end-user, who would be better off putting those funds towards stopping Global warming.

Huh ??????

D'same

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really believe global warming as well as alternative energy is gonna be very important and well known subjects from here on.

On the topic of alternative energy...here in my country we have been using solar panels on top of the roofs for years to heat water for bathing, cooking, washing etc...and most of the homes have them including multi-million dollar mansions.

It saves energy, uses the sun's rays and cuts down on your fuel bill....these panels can keep water hot for days on end...

H

H2FC

On the topic of alternative energy...here in my country we have been using solar panels on top of the roofs for years to heat water for bathing, cooking, washing etc...and most of the homes have them including multi-million dollar mansions.

It saves energy, uses the sun's rays and cuts down on your fuel bill....these panels can keep water hot for days on end...

I can understand the higher income folks using them but the initial cost usually puts them out of reach for the lower income people. If our government would subsidize such cost for these people instead of subsidizing big oil like exxon and the others who are making Billions of profit every year we would all be much better off. Of course the big shot politicians won't do that because it would slow down big oil's contributions to them.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For crying out loud, H2FC, this is sunny Florida. Let alone the fact that direct sunlight is not needed for the solar cells to absorb and store energy. It's a matter of strategic initiative: as long as the government promotes the use of gasoline - and we know that the current administration's ties to the oil industry are VERY close - there will never be affordable alternative energy. I come from Greece, where having solar panels at rooftops for warm water goes back 35 years. Here in the US I saved a bunch of money using natural gas for heating instead of electric.

H

H2FC

For crying out loud, H2FC, this is sunny Florida. Let alone the fact that direct sunlight is not needed for the solar cells to absorb and store energy. It's a matter of strategic initiative: as long as the government promotes the use of gasoline - and we know that the current administration's ties to the oil industry are VERY close - there will never be affordable alternative energy. I come from Greece, where having solar panels at rooftops for warm water goes back 35 years. Here in the US I saved a bunch of money using natural gas for heating instead of electric.

I agree but there will have to be affordable alternative energy or we are all in for a big problem with global warming. The only logical answer is for higher gas taxes and then using that tax money to subsidize alternative energy. I expect to see addition gas taxes of 4 or 5 dollars a gallon and maybe more.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A barrel of oil costs currently $55. That's more than double the price of 7 years ago, not because of any lack of resources but because of raising demand and politics. Oil prices go up when there is more demand and the oil producing countries raise prices. It's the opposite logic from most common goods and products, where the more demand there is for a product, the cheaper it becomes. See it as an extortion: need more oil? You will pay as much as we price it at.

The end-user price of gasoline, after its processing, is several times more expensive. Exxon is the biggest corporation in the world with $40 billion profit in 2006. Therefore, if the US government really cares about alternative energy funding, it will tax the oil companies instead of the end-consumer.

H

H2FC

You are absolutely right on taxing the big oil companies but that by itself won't raise enough money to make alternative energy cost feasible. Its still going to require putting a hefty per gallon tax on the end-user. This will also serve as a deterrent against using more oil while at the same time encourage people to buy vehicles that require less oil. Its just a matter of time before the politicians start talking about this.

BTW...you do know that instead of taxing big oil as we should we subsidize them for promoting and building their business. Its one of the biggest ripoffs of the taxpayers to be found anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom