Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anybody here going Pro, as in dot Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed enCirca slashed the fee, lightened up on the rules and you can get .pro now, @ $49 per annum until Mar 31st. I think the subsequent $99 yearly fee thereafter is a deal killer but I was poking around and there are plenty of single words, high value keywords available. And I think I saw some evidence of a frenzy as a few names I checked were gone just hours later. Is it worth the gamble at those prices?

Domain Days 2024

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of .sc are also avaliable at 50$.....

Does any one thing .pro will have any value in future.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NexSite said:
Is it worth the gamble at those prices?

It would certainly be a gamble I think and at $99 a year until and if they become sought after it could be an expensive gamble.

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a list of just under 100 prime, available .pro keywords which are (last check) available. I have regged one and am contemplating more. It's hard to resist the lure of the strong names, especially if there is even a chance for .pro to take off. We should know if there is any acceptance within 1 year. If so, the $100 renewal fee will seem worth it.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, 1 year has come and gone and basically nothing has happened with .pro ...

Going to let most, if not all, of my 7 .pro domains drop unless the renewal price comes way down to like $25 before they expire in about two weeks ... $99 per year renewal price is way excessive, even for only 7 domains.

Sometimes gambles pay off, sometimes they don't ... this one didn't ... I only lost about $350 so no biggie, but wondering how others did with .pro?

Ron

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think .pro is still a gamble, and more so with high reg fees. If there are strong words available and that suit the 'professional' angle (e.g.: golf.pro, poker.pro, etc), then regging a few can never hurt. I saw a few .pro sell not too long ago for upper xxx or around $1,000. One of them was Macau.pro I believe. The right word or term in .pro could be worth something to a professional person or outfit.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. I wouldn't bet on the .pro extension. I think almost every other GTLD extension has more reputability than it.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The $49 discount is only for third level domains.
I regged domainers.pro one yr ago just for fun. And I am considering renew it if it cannot be sold above the reg fee.

Promotion on Profession-specific domains!
$49/year through March 31, 2006. Applies to Third-level renewals too

There are two levels of .Pro addresses:

# Generic: Second level domains such as example.pro. Available to all self-certified professionals. Cost is $99/year. Secure yours immediately here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom