Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anybody make any $$$ with a MillionDollarHomepage.com inspired site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi , I owned ( and sold ) freemillionpixels.com made about $3000+ and sold for nearly $4000 ...... and the buyer has nerly let it die ... or did pixel sites die themselves :)....................

PS all in about 6 weeks !

DomainDame

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dale ... your cube site put me in a trance :suspicious:

I've never owned one of those hybrid sites but there are now several of the "500 Word" type sites going around. Joel Comms product is stupid expensive...but there are some cheaper alternatives.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
Yeah. Crazy stuff. I made about $1000 at www.thesixmilliondollarcube.com but am now obliged to keep the site going :(
Good point, Dale. This is a negative which came to my mind when everybody was talking about MillionDollarHomepage.com. That guy must host the site for his entire life. Moreover, it has received tons of traffic and I believe it will continue to get lots of traffic in the future. He has to spend money on MDH forever - just as it is the case with most other pixel sites! In the long term those websites might turn out not to be as profitable as they look like at first sight. Yes, he earned $1M through that site, but his website used to be one of the Internet's most popular websites those days and it is still hot. It is possible that he has already spent $xx,xxx or $xxx,xxx on web hosting and traffic for MDH and, as said, he will continue paying for it in the future. There will not be that much left of the $1M in a couple of years, so the owner of MDH should keep a not-so-small amount of the money he earned.

gariben

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dodo1 said:
Good point, Dale. This is a negative which came to my mind when everybody was talking about MillionDollarHomepage.com. That guy must host the site for his entire life. Moreover, it has received tons of traffic and I believe it will continue to get lots of traffic in the future. He has to spend money on MDH forever - just as it is the case with most other pixel sites! In the long term those websites might turn out not to be as profitable as they look like at first sight. Yes, he earned $1M through that site, but his website used to be one of the Internet's most popular websites those days and it is still hot. It is possible that he has already spent $xx,xxx or $xxx,xxx on web hosting and traffic for MDH and, as said, he will continue paying for it in the future. There will not be that much left of the $1M in a couple of years, so the owner of MDH should keep a not-so-small amount of the money he earned.

Doesn't make sense. First, pixels are only guarantee for 5 years. the web hosting company is probably paying him money to place a link on the bottom. Probably.. he can get few thousand $$$$ per month if he place any hosting affliate links on the bottom.

He can place additional Google AS/Yahoo YPN banners and make even more money.

He can place additional links to his future websites/ideals/ventures and get free traffic

$1,000,000 becomes $5,000,000 not the other way around

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
not to mention that $1million makes about $30K interest a year.

Trust me, he will be just fine :)

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He DOES get free hosting etc , a few weeks after the site took off and got ton`s of traffic ( and nearly crashed ) , some smart host company stepped in ...

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, but I make a few dollars off the misspell: MillionGollarHomepage.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm still getting several clicks a day from that site... :)

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you see the 500words.com?

Its the same idea and its also sold out.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some smart innovators out there. This stuff will keep appearing. Downside is the contract you make with the advertisers -- two years is OK. Wonder what Alex Tew is up to? Making up his balance sheet for his auditors I guess and pondering over the "contingent liablilities" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom