Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

anybody using e-gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just walked into a situation where I have to make a payment using e-gold.
I've never seen a more disconvenient way to make payments. You cannot fund the e-gold account, you must use a third party exchange office to buy e-currency which will be deposited to your e-gold account. Most of them don't accept credit cards, mostly is wire transfer and direct deposit.
What's the deal with E-Gold? I don't see any reason for someone to use e-gold to make payments online. Maybe I'm mistaken, does anybody know why would someone use e-gold?

Petros

Domain Days 2024

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Because its a good way to launder money online. You fund an anonymous debit card with e-gold. No questions asked, no paper. People also use it to setup massive pyramid schemes ("ponzis") or other smaller scams like selling pirated software for example.

The FBI visited e-gold ltd. offices in Florida last year.

D

dnsurf

e-gold (and some other electronic payment systems - moneybookers, webmoney) may be the only way for somebody to sell/buy something on the internet if he lives in the country there PayPal is not working, or even he may not have bank account or credit card yet, etc... There may be plenty of reasons for one...

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i love in a coutry where I cannot use paypal. I use moneybookers for example, its very convenient but i am talking specifically about e-gold. So much trouble to fund the account and so little places to spend it at

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Also, i forgot a point. E-gold doesnt allow chargebacks, if you lose your money, its gone. Accounts are frequently hijacked and emptied within minutes.

Finexe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, the best thing about egold is the irreversable transactions and thats why people use it. If you get paid with paypal, and sell e.g. a domain online, the buyer can chargeback his credit card, and paypal will reverse the transaction and he takes your domain and says bye bye.

read more about shortcomings of paypal at paypalsucks.com. and read the egold community's mailing list at: http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.finance.e-gold.user/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom