Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anyone ever bought a domain from domaindeluxe.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopher_c

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was just trying to purchase a 4 letter .com from domaindeluxe. As they didn't respond to emails and the telephone number returns as unreachable, I just used their automated feature to bid on the domain @ $500.

At any rate, the reply I got is an atmospheric $14,000 freaking quote. The domain has no overture (with or without ext), no history, and is not a well-known acronym.

Is it possible to negotiate with them (I'm not even willing to go $1000 on this domain)

Thanks,
Chris

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you are the big dog you can call the shots. These type of dealers thrive on volume. Sooner or later someone will pay high dollars and it keeps them floating even longer in this game. Buydomains seems a lot more reasonable and will oftentimes sell sites for $288-$1200 if there is no interest after a while. I am hoping at some point to be able to acquire some names in these price ranges soon before they are gone. Ultsearch has sent me some reasonable quotes before around 2-5K for some good sites.

christopher_c

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
True enough, oh well, maybe they'll get what they want on this one on the future. Certainly not going to get it from me.

I countered their offer of $14,000 with $501, I only wish I could have reduced my offering price. :p

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that WILL not get you anywhere.

Anybody who offer one dollar more for a counter offer, its sort of like a slap in the face to me..

In any case, good luck.

christopher_c

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
that WILL not get you anywhere.

Anybody who offer one dollar more for a counter offer, its sort of like a slap in the face to me..

In any case, good luck.

Actually a slap in the face is exactly what I was intending and is exactly what their $14k counter-offer felt like to me.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
75% of the sellers engage in daydreaming. When they are not busy daydreaming, they are playing games. If they choose that path, you don't have to. You can simply move on.

christopher_c

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
75% of the sellers engage in daydreaming. When they are not busy daydreaming, they are playing games. If they choose that path, you don't have to. You can simply move on.

>>You can simply move on.<<
Already done :) In fact the money was already spent elsewhere :eek:k:

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
christopher_c said:
>>You can simply move on.<<
Already done :) In fact the money was already spent elsewhere :eek:k:

You see, there's a solution for everything :wink:

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
christopher_c said:
Is it possible to negotiate with them (I'm not even willing to go $1000 on this domain)

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

They are negotiable but they like to do it the old fashioned way: Start high since you cannot increase the price later!

They have also recently increased their prices across the board:

"The price of domain names vary vastly due to many factors including length, extension (.com, .net or .org), and marketability. The current selling price for most of our domains range from $1500US to $20,000US."

It used to say "$500US to $10,000US."

And I have purchased from them. They use escrow.com for all their sales!

christopher_c

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Wm.,

How did you negotiate? Just using their online system? After the $501 bid on my part, they did decrease their's to $12000. I'm wondering if it's an automated system to some extent.
Wm. M. said:
Chris,

They are negotiable but they like to do it the old fashioned way: Start high since you cannot increase the price later!

They have also recently increased their prices across the board:

"The price of domain names vary vastly due to many factors including length, extension (.com, .net or .org), and marketability. The current selling price for most of our domains range from $1500US to $20,000US."

It used to say "$500US to $10,000US."

And I have purchased from them. They use escrow.com for all their sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom