Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone getting this email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got this email today after letting the domain compilable.com drop recently. It seems they use past whois info, to try to turn some quick sales off of new drops ... Anyone else getting these?

Limited Time Offer...!!!
The domain name compilable.com is for sale exclusively by webnamesolution.com. Hurry and take advantage of this limited time special offer. Reg. price $199.95 USD, for a limited time only $49.95 USD.
Domain Name: compilable.com
Price: $49.95 USD
To purchase this domain and take advantage of this Special Offer click on the link below:
WWW.WEBNAMESOLUTION.COM
Thank you for your interest.
[email protected]

Seems like a pretty good way to build traffic and draw attention to their 25,000 domains.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got the same e-mail but for a domain which was bid at almost $1000 in predrop auctions at enom and NW.

I can't see how they would sell that sort of name at the giveaway price of US$49.95.

However, there seems to be no WHOIS service at the registrar who finally won the domain, so I'm not sure which service (if any) won the name, and it doesn't seem possible to find out who the real owner is at the moment.

Their standard option was paypal.com payment. I offered to buy using escrow and paying the costs, but haven't heard anything back yet.

If anyone finds this really is a scam, perhaps they could post to warn us. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom