Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Anyone have .ca's with traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have noticed some of my .ca's with traffic ...are not actually getting any clicks. Even after adjusting the content completely, it still gets no clicks.

The weird part is i am adjusting the traffic based on what the existing site was. 750 uniques a month minimum.

Are canadians just not clicking?

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not at all. canadians click. although i only have one developed site. the ctr is really quite good. 4% and upwards. I think people that claim 15% are either bs or are doing the clicking themselves.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not at all. canadians click. although i only have one developed site. the ctr is really quite good. 4% and upwards. I think people that claim 15% are either bs or are doing the clicking themselves.

I have to assume you are using something like adsense and not ppc. Our ppc rates are more like 30%+ - 600%+ and anything under I would be looking at moving to another ppc company.

But that kind of generates a question. I don't have any developed domains they are all PPC. I am currently considering doing some development. But if 4% is considered a good ctr then you need to generate almost 8x the traffic to make the same $$$$ as PPC (minimum) (assuming of course the adsense PPC is the same as the parking PPC)

Is that an accurate assumption???? :?:

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dropwizard. i was talking about for a developed sites. The reason the ppc CTR drops with a website is b/c of so many page views (ad impressions) by the same visitors. I guess your 8X calculation is correct. my site currently gets 1700 uniques a month translating into 200 plus clicks which is really like 12 percent of users clicking however since each user goes to multiple pages the overall ctr declines to about 3.5-4.5%.

I hope some of that makes sense

by ppc i mean pay per click in general not parked pages or adsense particularly, i do however use adsense.

Last edited:

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, i am actually talking about parked pages.
The same traffic is flowing in, even though the old site expired.
This is not a popular term either, just a random 3 letter .ca that is getting traffic just no clicks.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Hahaha.. ah not true. Depends on content, layout, visitor source etc.

Here is a selection of the past seven days adsense ctr's for some of my .ca websites;
60.00%
34.25%
71.43%
42.86%
44.44%
26.92% etc etc.

mind you - you will always have some - 2.17%, 3.97% etc too like I do! :lol:

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right! But roy i have seen your websites and, the majority, are far from fully dev'd sites. So add more content and i am pretty sure your 60% ctr will quickly fall.

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amount of content has nothing to do with it.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are canadians just not clicking?

I think its also that Canadians are more internet saavy. Different categories do better than others. For some of my niches, the Canadian-relevant ad inventory just isn't there... For example if you have some ca's relating to certain kinds of apparel, and all your visitors see are ads for Macys, JC Penny, etc, they know right away these are American stores...

Mind you with a stronger Canadian dollar, it might encourage more to click US ads....

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If that is the case roy than i am all ears. Because i am all for increasing my ctr. Where do you recommend ad placement, colors etc...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Generally, I put the ads in the first screenful of the page (somewhere in the part of the page people see first when the page loads, usually near the top), and along the right border of the page (because people have their cursor near there to scroll up and down), and also along the bottom of the page where people usually end up.

The center and left areas are for content and other links. This is my opinion only but think it makes for a good look too.

As for colors, I like to blend the background of the ads into the color of my page, so that they don't show as a box. But I know other people also like the ads to be a different color so that they stand out.

My CTR's are variable, from under 10% up to 100% on different sites. It usually is fairly constant though, a low CTR page will usually stay low no matter what i do, and a high CTR page will stay high. I think it has to do with a combination of things, including ad placement but also subject matter, and also maybe what people are expecting to find when they visit the page. If they expect to find information and not buy anything, they are probably less likely to click on an ad. But it's mostly a mystery to me.

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I live by the credo - less is more, that is usually never more than two adsense units on any single page. One above the fold - one below. Never do I try to overwhelm the visitor with ads - that's a one-way ticket to the back button imo.

I experiment with the blending - either it works or it doesn't. But change is important. Some websites will need three or four tweaks before it all sorts out.

As Razor and hugegrowth noted - niche and content seem to matter tremendously. Directories, image sharing, sports, politics, entertainment niches etc have lower ctr's by my experience. Health, business, credit, travel, home related etc seem to do very well.

Finally going out of way to make sure you have proper keyword density, and crawlibility (fake word) are of the utmost importance to get the best on-topic ads for your website.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My .ca get great ctr and decent avgPPC. I wont mention the domains though as each time I have in the past others have duped my strategy or the marketplace and as a result the revenues have sloped downward. I have examples of domains with steady revenue over years that this has happend to.

suggestion: Don't mention domains doing well, too many phisherman thrive on the info.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have one domain that gets about 3-4 visitors a day with a 50-100% CTR (depending on the day). And then I have another domain that gets 15-20 visitors a day with about 0% CTR lol. Depends why people are typing in your website and whether an advertisement can be useful to them or not.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kefir.ca is niche (kefir is a natural yoghurt-like food product with many probiotic health aspects) and is getting nice traffic considering minimal (i.e. none) proactive marketing and some basic forum type content.

phpfox.ca had minimal traffic but excellent eCPM because of niche market and high value / generous affiliate commissions - we sold that name recently.

Rob

Rob

2002mjf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of the first .ca's I picked up newsnow.ca gets an average 4 unique visitors a day but with only 1 click every 2 days avg.

Last edited:

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have sn,ca and it gets about 30-50 type ins a day

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The domain i was talking about gets about 20-30 a day. Sometimes more.
On the weekends traffic is ligher usually about 10-15.
It is a prounounceable LLL.ca and used to be a website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom