Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone have experience w/ Verio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with buying a domain that was registered through Verio.com? So far it has been a nightmare for me! No customer support, no response. They appear to have a very slow transfer process and I'm wondering if it will even be worth the trouble.

I'm wondering what I should be doing. I've already tried contacting them and I signed up for their account to enable the transfer, but they didn't even send the confirmation ID that I'll need to provide the seller with.

Argh!

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm ... never heard of this registrar personally. I would suggest having the seller unlock the domain, where you can "pull" it to the registrar of choice.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion JEsports. Unfortunately the seller is trying to do a change of account and it appears that Verio is not set up to do that. It's been three days so far. Also, they don't seem to want to answer any e-mails. This is very frustrating.

JEsports said:
hmmm ... never heard of this registrar personally. I would suggest having the seller unlock the domain, where you can "pull" it to the registrar of choice.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, it does sound very cumbersome and frustrating. Good luck with getting your name and thanks for the future heads up. I assume you did try calling them too?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thing about Verio is...

Many great names (that aren't at NSI already) are registered with Verio.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still no progress! I called them last night and they could offer no support. I placed the domain transfer order 2 days ago and have yet to receieve my order ID and username and password!

Normally that sort of thing is supposed to be instant. I asked them several times about this and they just say, "We are working on processing your order."

What the ##%# ?? Stay far away from Verio, unless you enjoy waiting for weeks for a simple change of account transaction.

By the way, they were notified of this transaction several days ago and are just now asking for certain items to be completed, of which they can't even process in a timely manner.

This isn't even a transfer out!

Steen said:
Thing about Verio is...

Many great names (that aren't at NSI already) are registered with Verio.

blindchild

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have 25 names with Verio. Their support is slow because there is only one guy who controls the whole comany and owns it. There is no tech support for your confirmation.
Email that guy a several times and call him in the evening time and he will surely help you, maximum it will take you a week.

Hope this helps.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
webmasternet said:
I have 25 names with Verio. Their support is slow because there is only one guy who controls the whole comany and owns it. There is no tech support for your confirmation.
Email that guy a several times and call him in the evening time and he will surely help you, maximum it will take you a week.

Hope this helps.

Well this pretty much explains it then ... a week is unacceptable

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think a week or two is far too long for this type of transaction too. But unfortunately, it looks like I'm along for the ride -- however long it takes.

Now, where is my punching bag at? :X

JEsports said:
Well this pretty much explains it then ... a week is unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom