Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anyone have experience with video content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never had video created before nor do I know where to start.. Anyone have any tips?

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
video content does not have to be of professional quality
but should be helpful, interesting or funny

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!

Do you have any examples of successful videos you've produced? I've seen some pretty shady videos become really popular but I'd still like to keep to professional.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want to create something professional, I've got a guy in the Philippines who does excellent postproduction and/or animation work for a very fair hourly rate. If you are interested PM me and I can show you samples & put you in contact with him.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never had video created before nor do I know where to start.. Anyone have any tips?

search yahoo: 'free video tutorials, free video creator, video editing software, how to do a video,

or practice with your phone, make short clips, save and send to email

string the clips together with video editor

ta-daaaa

:)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most digital cameras released lately will have the capability of shooting full HD video. No need to have a video camera and a still camera. Yes, phones can also shoot video. But, if you are looking for something of quality you'll want to step up in resolution. Stick with major brands like Olympus, Sony, Nikon, Canon, etc. Panasonic has some fantastic cameras (Lumix line) with great specs. Best place to search is cnet.com to compare rankings, ratings, specs, and so on.

As biggie pointed out there are tons of free stuff out there to learn, practice, and do on your own. Usually when you buy a camera software will be included to help you along your way. There is no need to spend hundreds or thousands on video editing software.

In all honesty, you can get a very good camera capable to shooting HD flicks in the $200 to $400 range.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the input but I'm not looking to star in any of the videos. :D

My original plan was to have some beautiful, female barber give a demo on how to use a straight razor. I'm not sure how to find someone local to shoot and edit the video though (for a reasonable price).

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a beautiful female barber pull one of those out on me, many many years ago. It was a bit shocking, but she convinced me that many of her clients never let her go back after she convinced them to try it.

She was right, I loved it.

P.S. There is no reason to combine the shooting with the editing. Based on our PM discussion, I would focus on just doing the shooting, then hand it off to a pro for the editing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom