Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anyone Have Issues with SnapNames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used them for the first time last week, got a name.

Anyway, 2 support tickets later, some "we are working on it" and "we are escalating it" bs replies back and the whois remains at the default Snapnames one, and I have no login details to administer my name.

Very bad customer service IMO - on my first catch with them too.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have totally same situation now (except they did not anser my ticker and email).

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you say issues, are you talking about "old" issues like when they ripped off all the original holders of the "exclusive" snaps and only gave them credits (instead of refunds) towards the new auctions on the same names? Or are you talking about new issues like where they have this agreement with Netsol which promises to send a % of the auctioned sales amount to the previous owner and yet they only send the minimum % of the base $60 fee, amounting to just over $6?

I find it interesting to read all the creative and continuing ways that almost every industry group (ICANN, the registries, the registrars, the drop catchers, etc) involved with domains comes up with to rip us domainers off.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you mean you're trying to log in your snapnames account, this might just
interest you:

http://domainstate.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=49702

Over the past few days, SnapNames has become aware that an unknown party has been using the "Request Lost Password" function to generate an automatic e-mail containing the login info for a certain number of accounts. These e-mails are sent only to the contact addresses listed in the SnapNames account. However, in an undetermined fashion, this party has been able to access these e-mails on at least a few occasions, thereby enabling unauthorized access to a customer's SnapNames account. This person may have used data from that account (which include the last four digits of the customer's credit card) to contact other companies and request, or even secure, other private data.

To address this, SnapNames has made changes regarding the provision of data in user accounts, and the manner in which our password retrieval system operates. These changes should take care of the problem.

If any SnapNames customer receives our "Forgot Password" e-mail without requesting it, please be very careful about e-mail accounts and other possible vulnerabilities. If you have received such an e-mail, please contact our support department at [email protected] or (800) 385-4075, and we will change your user name and password.

I was about to post it as a separate thread until I saw yours.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They responded now the ticket, at least changed nameserver which is priority for me now, ownership can wait. Actually I did not see in the setup before that I can setup nameservers in advance (same as in Pool), so if I win domain and there will be setup my nameservers, I have no problem to wait 1-2 month to get the domain...

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 weeks later and still no login details

Gonna do a chargeback shortly

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get always response in 1 h, no problems at all.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Contact user Kjel here or nelsonb at sn@pn@mes dot com.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheers for the offers of help

I finally got the login details overnight tho

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they should pay me for the hotlist and spare people the blank. used to be a quality hotlist with at least some decent names. nowadays very common to check in and see nada when your namewinner watch list is is over a 1,000 for that day...something not right there...

opie67

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
When you say issues, are you talking about "old" issues like when they ripped off all the original holders of the "exclusive" snaps and only gave them credits (instead of refunds) towards the new auctions on the same names? Or are you talking about new issues like where they have this agreement with Netsol which promises to send a % of the auctioned sales amount to the previous owner and yet they only send the minimum % of the base $60 fee, amounting to just over $6?

I find it interesting to read all the creative and continuing ways that almost every industry group (ICANN, the registries, the registrars, the drop catchers, etc) involved with domains comes up with to rip us domainers off.

Another good reply by Stocdoctor on these forums concerning Snapnames. Stay very far away from these guys. By the way, the "credit" they gave me for my $550 in cash for my "exclusive" domains, they would not honor when attempting to use these "credits" in their new "auction" systems.

Now they claim that my "credits" are expired.

How can my cash expire?

Well there response after a couple of weeks of waiting, is that I did not "successfully" use these funds during the 1-year period (even though I tried), as agreed in my original contract...which they broke the original terms and conditions, when they changed over to the auction format!!!!

Stay well away from these guys!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I never used the "old" SnapNames service, but I use them often now. Never had problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom