Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anyone have trademark domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megabet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, Just curious if anyone has a domain that they registered as a trademark. And if so...what were the costs involved..Thanks...

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, Just curious if anyone has a domain that they registered as a trademark. And if so...what were the costs involved..Thanks...

I'm interested to know as well.

Would be great if you can recommend someone who do this for business e.g. filing application, checking status, up to completion. Someone sent me this information in the past but misplace that information.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It costs around $375 at uspto.gov.
Usually you don't TM the domain name but the name itself (without extension).

Megabet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm $375..not bad..So basically that means no one can use the name you trademark pretty much anywhere without your permission. Correct?

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm confused too- what if i register US trademark and someone registers in UK? and vise versa?

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$375 is just the filing fee. lawyer evaluation is at least another $600, other searches are more again. US covers US only and the use of the site is the most important thing here

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's only $325 I think if you file online. That's $325 PER good or service which you file under though. So for example, if you have a pet supplies brand that does a bunch of different products, it could cost you several thousand to protect the mark across all those product groups.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An appendectomy costs about $20 for the knife.

Good luck.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ouch.

sunroof

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I trademarked a name back in 1995, or should I say, I applied for registered trademark status in 1995, and it was finally granted many years later. Just because you apply, it doesn't mean you will be granted trademark status. There are many factors involved, including whether the name is too generic, whether it conflicts with someone else's name in a similar business, whether it gets challenged by someone, and other factors. It is not a simple or short process. If you decide to do it, get a lawyer familiar with trademark and copyright law, or you will end up wasting money in the long run.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An appendectomy costs about $20 for the knife.

Good luck.

Good one John. I assume you're saying that none of us lay people can do any of this without professional, i.e, "lawyers" involvement.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good one John. I assume you're saying that none of us lay people can do any of this without professional, i.e, "lawyers" involvement.

Not at all. Plenty of people can and do register trademarks on their own.

I once replaced the entire front suspension and steering assembly on a 1973 VW bus. I'm also good at hanging drywall, laying tile flooring, and installing plumbing fixtures.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"If at first you don't succeed ...then skydiving is not for you" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom