Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anyone here play the stock market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Make any cash? Need to invest a lot to make any decent cash? I gather it is very time consuming to make anything decent as well?

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to..

nothing big.

Just wanted to test it all out.
I think I doubled my money in a few months, but it was prolly all luck :p

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I watch the market every day. Made some, lost some. Looks to be a bad day today. Terrorist bombings in Spain have caused concern worldwide.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well the way I see it is to make any decent money you would have to sit their all day & watch it.

Just say you bought 1000 shares @ $5 a pop ='s $5k.... shares go up to $5.20, so up .20 cents a share.. your profit ='s $200... not a whole lot for $5k down... if you're sitting there all day you can be watching & changing it around all day I suppose to make the most of the swings.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:
Well the way I see it is to make any decent money you would have to sit their all day & watch it.

Just say you bought 1000 shares @ $5 a pop ='s $5k.... shares go up to $5.20, so up .20 cents a share.. your profit ='s $200... not a whole lot for $5k down... if you're sitting there all day you can be watching & changing it around all day I suppose to make the most of the swings.

Don't forget the broker's fees, they will eat into any profit and worsen any
loss.

Spread betting looks fun (and dangerous).

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A little guy can make better returns right here by developing sites.

Forget the stock, bond, options, futures, annuities etc etc market.

I know what I'm talking about, and forget anything anyone says differently.
Doc

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was a trader for several years. With some decent money you can make a good living. You can really get lost in charts, analysis and news if you dont watch out. If you have $100,000 or 2 its not too bad to make a good living. Its by no means fun or exciting. The valuations and manipulations are maddening. You on near the bottom of a very long road with a steep curve. My old site has some good traders on hit but most or just novices. In nearing 20 years in the market and the reader of near 500 books, my best advice is beware. There are VERY VERY good traders or investors. The market is also always changing so what works great one year will get you head handed to you in the coming years.

If I had $200,000 grand again I would be a short term position trader of stocks only. Sadly the game is more rigged than you could or would believe and thats one of the main reasons I got out of it. Trade the charts, and cut losses quick.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good info.. thanks to all of you! :)

It just looks interesting & I was interested in giving it a shot one day heh

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't, but I wish I did a few years ago. A lot of my family got into it and did very well.

I wonder if Google will make anyone rich? :)

RMF

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I have about 35k tied up in stocks right now. I usually invest LONG-TERM. I have stocks that I like to follow and I typically know their price ranges. When the price gets (what I consider to be) low, I buy and hold. I do NOT day trade an dry to make the quick buck overnight.

Futures - well, heh, that is always a short-term endeavor. ;-)

-Bob

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Due to much higher house advantage(s) it's much worse than gambling, having the same random chances.
Go back to Stocdoctor's post and read it carefully again.

And if you really, really want to do it, I would recommend spending some time learning about convertible bonds (including options' or other hedging).

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been interested in the stock market. I have been thinking about possibly playing it some. But I think its just too risky, I'd have to have quite a bit of extra money before I consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom