Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone here sold their domains on a moniker live auction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightsOfRay

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[SIZE=+0]Anyone here sold their domains on a moniker live auction? like at domainfest? [/SIZE]
How did it go, can you pm me or describe experience your here?
Very, VERY curious
Thanks!!!

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you submit a valuable domain and set the reserve at a realistic price, Moniker will try
suggest you lower it so it could start at a low price.

However, if the potential buyers are not there or not interested in that domain, you might end up giving it away.
I have heard a number of sellers complain that the domains went too cheap.

Some have agreed to "no reserve". Sometimes it works, many times it doesn't.

Plus, if you don't agree to the arm twisting, they don't put you in the live action.

Also, read the terms carefully.
You are giving Moniker exclusive rights to sell the domain for a set period of time even if
they don't sell it. (You sell it privately.)

Here is the big question -
DomainSponsor/Moniker/Snapnames/NameKing owns 1/2 million domains (just a guess),
why aren't they selling their domains cheap or no reserve?

doobee

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When it works though its great - I turned a $3,000 domain into $20,000 and it was a thrill to hear it happen on the live stream.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was my experience too a few years ago. I imagine it is about the same situation now. They wanted me to set reserves of just $500 on some of my good names so no names made the live auction when I said no to the low $500. They also said my traffic can not be taken into consideration or even mentioned as part of the sale, even though it was relaible direct navigation traffic. That was a big negative for me.

It seems very risky to me and is basically just a gamble and to a large degree relies on luck of someone liking the name for what it's really worth and also being there to buy it at a higher price vs the low reserve.

If you submit a valuable domain and set the reserve at a realistic price, Moniker will try
suggest you lower it so it could start at a low price.

However, if the potential buyers are not there or not interested in that domain, you might end up giving it away.
I have heard a number of sellers complain that the domains went too cheap.

Some have agreed to "no reserve". Sometimes it works, many times it doesn't.

Plus, if you don't agree to the arm twisting, they don't put you in the live action.

Also, read the terms carefully.
You are giving Moniker exclusive rights to sell the domain for a set period of time even if
they don't sell it. (You sell it privately.)

Here is the big question -
DomainSponsor/Moniker/Snapnames/NameKing owns 1/2 million domains (just a guess),
why aren't they selling their domains cheap or no reserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom