Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone know a webhost that has:

Status
Not open for further replies.

korzon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
  • Mod rewrite for php so you could have .html pages parsed by the php html preprocessor
  • Under $50 a month
  • MySQL

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[mod] No self promotion please. This is not a wanted ad, otherwise it will be in Wanted forum.
[/mod]

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you mean, allow php files to be read html??

Im on hostgator, and per request through support, they edited my HTACCESS file to allow this. if this is what you mean..

korzon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
Do you mean, allow php files to be read html??

Im on hostgator, and per request through support, they edited my HTACCESS file to allow this. if this is what you mean..

No, I mean modding apache so that .html files go through the .php processor. Also known as the search engine hack.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean by the mod_rewrite, but I haven't seen a host with it installed on their server..

korzon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
I know what you mean by the mod_rewrite, but I haven't seen a host with it installed on their server..

Yeah I know what you mean.

Maybe I could get that on a virtual dedicated server?

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get a VPS for $50/month and do it yourself.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My servers do have mod_rewrite turned on in apache, so you can setup the rules for the mod_rewrite locally in .HTACCESS, if you would like some more details, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No self-promotions, this is not the Wanted forum.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
slavahosting said:
My servers do have mod_rewrite turned on in apache, so you can setup the rules for the mod_rewrite locally in .HTACCESS, if you would like some more details, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

Something like what I said. You most likely will have to edit the .htaccess or mod_rewrite manually.

aptimass

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use cihost.com for most of my hosting needs, and know for certain that they have the rewrite module insalled and usable by all of their clients. Of course you will have to do the rewrite rules yourself.

As an alternative solution, I use the following line in my .htaccess file:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html .htm

This will process all .html, .html files with the php processor.

Bill

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aptimass said:
I use cihost.com for most of my hosting needs, and know for certain that they have the rewrite module insalled and usable by all of their clients. Of course you will have to do the rewrite rules yourself.

As an alternative solution, I use the following line in my .htaccess file:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html .htm

This will process all .html, .html files with the php processor.

Bill
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=cihost+lawsuit&btnG=Search

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cihost.com was the biggest mistake I ever made online outside of network solutions. Unfortunately, I learned from my mistakes with both at the same time.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I was over at Webhostingtalk alot, CIHOST was always into some mess.

aptimass

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sorry this post turned into a cihost bashing, I simply answered the question that noone else was able to.

Here is the link:

http://www.cihost.com/?zone=products/shared_unix_hosting_details

If you need access, you get it with cihost. They are not a bunch of pansies scared to give people shell access.

I have never come across anyone that could tell a bad story about ci host. But there are lots of people that know someone that knows someone on another forum that had a bad experience.

I have 4 dedicated servers with them. CI Host is my host, and I am very happy that I found them.

Bill

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aptimass said:
I am sorry this post turned into a cihost bashing, I simply answered the question that noone else was able to.

Here is the link:

http://www.cihost.com/?zone=products/shared_unix_hosting_details

If you need access, you get it with cihost. They are not a bunch of pansies scared to give people shell access.

I have never come across anyone that could tell a bad story about ci host. But there are lots of people that know someone that knows someone on another forum that had a bad experience.

I have 4 dedicated servers with them. CI Host is my host, and I am very happy that I found them.

Bill

I have personally had a very bad experience with them so It's nice to meet you. And if you check the link posted above you'll find examples of the same story over and over. Aswell as suggested check WHT where I'm sure you will spend days reading other similar horror stories. At one point although I'm not sure it is anymore cihost cihost.com etc was blocked from there just as any other foul language might have been.

aptimass

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suppose that just adds to my point. No meat, only filler.

To keep the thread on topic, cihost is still the only hosting company that's been mentioned in this thread that can do what korzon is asking.

Bill

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any host can do what he is asking. It takes all of about a few moments for any of them to do. Most people here have their own servers or are hosts themselves so in accordance with the rules they can't and don't self promote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom