Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone know about "The Rich Jerk"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently met someone all excited about getting into the domain business after going to a seminar by "The Rich Jerk". He has a web site by this name (.com). He claims to be making millions on Adsense, get 30% CTR, sells his sites for millions, and sells an eBook for $97 on how you can do it too. He supposedly lives in San Diego, as I do, which makes it even more odd that I've never heard of him.

The only other major domainers I know in San Diego are Gary Kremen (Match.com founder, sex.com owner), and the .WS registry founder and staff.

My friend wants to know if this guy is legit. A few things that seem odd:

- People with high traffic names dont use Adsense, they have private deals
- the scans of 'proof' statements don't show CTR
- His domain name is only a few months old
- The ad copy is nausating 'get rich quick' style

So... anyone know anything about these guys?

Thanks!

This

Domain Days 2024

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across his page through milliondollarhomepage.com "I'm rich, your not".

It's pretty funny how cocky he is..

http://therichjerk.com

But anyways, I haven't heard anything about them.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If he was accomplishing this , then he would be to busy to put on seminars wouldn't he?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This line reminds me of a few people.... rofl.. and I do not mean me.

"Lets get something straight. I am a jerk. I am obnoxious. I am lazy. And I don’t care, because I am FILTHY RICH."

-=DCG=-

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You would have to be AnIdiot.com to think that if he was making all this cash he would sell his goldmine for $49. But then again theres alot of not so bright people in the world who will buy into it.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameMogul.com said:
You would have to be AnIdiot.com to think that if he was making all this cash he would sell his goldmine for $49. But then again theres alot of not so bright people in the world who will buy into it.

Don't you get it? Selling the book IS his way to get rich. That's why he sells it and doesn't just give it away. He's not SELLING his goldmine, he's BUILDING his goldmine by SELLING the book.

It's like those ads that used to run in the newspaper classified ads: "Want to learn how to make $1000 in five-dollar bills? Send $5 and a self-addressed stamped envelope to..."

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You got to admit he is funny
From the FAQ:

A: .....And you can always contact my staff for personal help. They're not anywhere near as obnoxious as I am (a bunch of sissies if you ask me)

Q: I hate you. You are mean, and obnoxious, and fake, and scammy, and rude, and stupid, and BS, and ugly, and I hate your mom, and you don't really have any money, and you are a liar, and a fraud, and blah blah blah. What do you think about that?
A: Put down the Schlitz, go outside your trailer, and get some fresh air.

Q: You've really got some nerve! You think you're better than me?
A: Yes. I'm a rich, arrogant ass, and I like it that way.

Q: If you don't give me your book for free, I'll tell everyone your book is crap, and I'll say bad things about you to the FTC, the Attorney General, the FBI, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, all the President's men, the Secret Service, the Humane Society, the 4H Club, the Church of Scientology, the FDA, Clickbank, Paypal, and the security guy at Wal-Mart.

A: Have you ever heard of being sued for libel and/or slander? I have a legal team on salary, which means I have to pay them every month whether they work or not. So if you'd like to give them something to do, that's fine. Regardless, I'll be relaxing in some exotic locale, while getting a massage from Helga.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
diverge said:
Don't you get it? Selling the book IS his way to get rich. That's why he sells it and doesn't just give it away. He's not SELLING his goldmine, he's BUILDING his goldmine by SELLING the book.

It's like those ads that used to run in the newspaper classified ads: "Want to learn how to make $1000 in five-dollar bills? Send $5 and a self-addressed stamped envelope to..."
Kinda ironic that you meantion that...

" Right about now, I feel a rant coming on about the “major” marketing gurus (you know, the big name guys) you see all over the internet and TV. The ONLY way these people make any money is by selling their overpriced books and CD's full of mainstream marketing ideas that you can learn from any marketing book in the world. That’s it. These people are CORPORATIONS. They are not trying to help you. They have no “secrets”. It’s the same information over and over again, repackaged differently by new “authors” every year. These guys send you books and binders with over 1,000 pages. They send you DVD's and audio tapes with another 10 hours of material to review. No thanks."

M

mole

Looks like another one of the thousands of scams out there on the Internet. Nothing checks out.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing on there that is truthful probably is what he say here about himself.

"Lets get something straight. I am a jerk. I am obnoxious. I am lazy."

-=DCG=-

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Lets get something straight. I am a jerk. I am obnoxious. I am lazy." <--------------but he's rich, so it's OK!

He is doing something right. He's marketing his site in a way that does stick out. When people visit his site or hear about this, they tend to remember it, in my opinion. So even if he truly is a jerk, he's a smart one at least.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
Reviews I have read say it is a second rate ebook, with first rate marketing.

Most of the ebooks are lame with lots of hype to sell them..its a usually a get rich quick scheme.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He he he, I know a lot of people who took up the offer. :-D

The guy's real name is Kelly Felix. He was hotly talked about in various internet
marketing forums.

One of Kelly's sites is guesswhatiheard.com. But you can read more about him
here and here.

Many people said that what Kelly revealed in his ebook isn't really new except
for "a few things". But it's those "few things" they didn't know and are now
applying to their own online sales campaigns.

I'm not sure, but I think the one who wrote the salecopy for "The Rich Jerk" is
Gary Halbert. You can see what I meanhere.

I haven't purchased the ebook myself. But I've read a lot of people are happy
with it...except for a few, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom