Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Anyone know anything about UID/GID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just migrated my vbAdvanced forum to a new host/server, and the vBulletin forums work fine, but the vbAdvanced portal page is showing errors:

chdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 1752/1752 is not allowed to access /home owned by uid/gid 0/0

Does anyone know how I go about fixing this?
Thanks!

Neil

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go back through your installation instructions and check that everything that needs to be chmodded to 777 is set that way... sometimes in migrating you have to set certain files up as if installing for the migration to proceed successfully. uid is short for user id.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Moondancer, but actually I figured it out. vbAdvanced doesn't use vBulletins 'config' file, even though it uses it's style and template files, it has it's own config, which I hadn't updated...

Moondancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's the little things that get ya every time... *grin* You'll be banging your head wondering what the heck went wrong but if you walk away just for a little while it hits ya like a ton of bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom