Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone know how to find a lost domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of domains a few months ago. They were pushed to me at some oddball registrar. I just remembered about them and now I can't find the registrar or think of the domain names. DUH...yeah it's dumb I know.

I think on another of my computers I can search my emails...but does anyone know of a way to possibly see all the domains that I own? Then I could figure out the ones I am missing...I should have added them to my server asap but I just moved and life is hectic. I am just now getting back to work.

HELP!

Does this happen to anyone else with lots of domains? I have about 150 now.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good Question .. Sorry I can't help ..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Check your Paypal history.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had to boot my other computer up. It was dotonly...I got it all now.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am always pleasantly surprised to get a renewal email from some oddball registrar for a domain I had no idea I owned. I immediately log in to unlock them and transfer to my enom account.

This won't be happening much to me anymore, as I have all but abandoned the drop game in favor of a life :D

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well today I am gonna move the 4 names to Moniker. One of the reps who is a member here offered me a great wholesale deal. Since Moniker is rather secure I feel better at night when I sleep (all 5 hours).

I hope Moniker gets a resale setup this year though.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you have "recovered" them. But to be honest, if you can't even remember the names, it's not a great loss to lose them, isn't it? ;) And for about 150 domains, you could simply use a notepad (not even MS Word or Excel) to keep track of them in the future.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I do have most of my names in a txt doc. Like I said before I was really really busy with my move and other important matters and I just let it slip. You can deem for yourself if the names are important. The problem is that I have about 30 videogamesomething names.

videogamecms.com
videogameboard.com
vgalliance.com
buddy-browser.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, as nameslave said - it was for the best that you forgot about those names :-D

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Yes, as nameslave said - it was for the best that you forgot about those names :-D

Have to agree with the others here. The worst part of this story, is that you actually recovered those crappy names. heh :emba:

Anyway, good luck.

-Joe

M

mole

Yes, I think I misplaced sex.com, that was many, many years ago, I didn't have a nameserver then :-D

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well they aren't choice names but they go with what I do and my portfolio.

I bought them cheap. I already had videogameboards.com and wanted the plural. I also am about to start selling a script that is a video game cms (http://www.cigmas.com) ...so videogamecms.com is useful too. vgalliance is so-so and buddy-browser is just crap but I think I got it for free when I bought the other 3...

I do not have one word dictionary names like some of you folks here. But I am still happy with my portfolio of video game related sites and names. I feel better focusing on a genre.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that building a portfolio around a niche market is actually more viable than registering every other available or dropped domain. :)

M

mole

nameslave said:
I agree that building a portfolio around a niche market is actually more viable than registering every other available or dropped domain. :)

..now you tell me......... geesh

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you point/park the domains to your main site, try look into your webstats and see the referrer. it may trigger you some hint.

i have over 400 domains. i usually keep most in 2-3 main registrars. For those stray domain in some odd registrars, i will note them down and transfer/consolidate them when it is possible. Else it is really a hard time keeping track of them.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah around 100 I started a txt doc listing the domain, registrar, and expiration date.
They should make software for domainers to keep their portfolios organized. A good website idea maybe? Or does this exist?

Carloz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
Yeah around 100 I started a txt doc listing the domain, registrar, and expiration date.
They should make software for domainers to keep their portfolios organized. A good website idea maybe? Or does this exist?

Check out this software

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah...what are the odds that I would think of something original?

Has it all been done???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom