Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anyone know how to tranfer ownership of domain to another user at namecheap??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im trying to transfer ownership of a domain to a buyer. Its registered at namecheap and he wants me to transfer it to him at godaddy. I have no idea how to do this and namecheaps customer service wont get back to me. I read a faq at namecheap about how to transfer to another user there, but it doesn't say how to do it to another registar. Can anyone help me here?

GodBlessYou

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the guy that should pay for the godaddy transfer. If you want to just give him a free push at namecheap and then tell him to transfer, that leaves you out of the picture.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gbudz ... Here are instructions for enabling a buyer to "pull" the domain to Godaddy:

1) Login to your Namecheap account ... select the domain that he purchased ... Click on the Register Locking option .. and make sure the domain is unlocked.

From GoDaddy.com (for the buyer):

1) Click on the Domain Names drop down box on the main menu
2) Select Transfer
3) Type in the domain purchased
4) Follow through all steps adding the transfer to there shopping cart.
5) Complete the shopping cart transaction until a receipt is shown. I believe this will cost the buyer $7.95 for another full year of registration.

Afterwards, GoDaddy will send you an email with instructions on approving the transfer out of Namecheap. After you do these steps required by the email, the transfer will take a couple of days to propogate.

good luck and hope this helped,

John

chidoug

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's only 3.99, when you buy a no-domain service, such as hosting. It take about 5-7 day for transfer to complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom