Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Anyone Sold a GoDaddy/WildWest Domains Reseller Site?

Adverted

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been doing the ww/godaddy thing since late 2012 and other then the monthly income from new customers and renewals has anyone sold their reseller site?

I just interested to learn more about what others have done, I'm far away from a point I'd be big enough for a sale but wondering at what point people have sold, what multiplier on revenue or value was given to number of domains/customers in the system?

Any info would be helpful, thanks!

Domain summit 2024

fm1234

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's been a few years, but in my dated experience GD makes it such a horrible pain in the rear to change over that you will only be able to find a buyer among people who already have experience (or at least a decent knowledge of) the field already. As such, valuation tends to be on the low side of revenue multiples.

Frank

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been a Super Reseller there for years. Actually was with Wild West and they sort of merged with the giant. Like getting too close to Jabba the Hut.

Look, if you are getting a few customers you are doing great! Hard to do since you have to beat GoDaddy and they OWN us.

Here is the golden egg: If you have 200 domains, or around, then you win because you discount your renewals, or purchase, enough to pay the yearly vig to Godaddy.

Now as a Super Reseller I can sell Reseller accounts (pro or otherwise). They do not even offer that plan anymore and somehow I got grandfathered in. I guess I just don't have the time or inkling to actually promote.

By the way, they are not very kind to changes in accounts. Changing names might be one of them. You can call them and ask if it is possible. Tell em you are giving it to your brother to run, how to do that. I know changing a plan means canceling everything and starting from scratch. I don't even know if you can do it without first setting up a new one and then transferring over the domains and clients.

Good luck with anything you do..

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators