Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anyone use EasySpace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipsix

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use easyspace.com if so, what do you think of them?
Their prices seem higher than average, so whats good about them?

Thanks

Alicia

M

mole

Nothing that I see is good with them. Is this a rheoterical question? :D

flipsix

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im starting to think so :)

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just expensive webhosting service.

Just a thought.
tw

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Expensive hosting and domains.
Period.

boychik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Prices are high and they charge $15.00 to change ns.

Give 123-reg.com a try.

Cheaper prices and lots of free stuff like url forwarding and ns changes.

_________
www.dropservice.com

N

namegame

Originally posted by flipsix

Thanks

Alicia
Not bad if you are just registering cc UK names - only $5 - but for the top TLD they can't compete - they don't stand a chance! Hosting is on the very pricy side as well - would look elsewhere.

JustMe

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They still owe me $374.00 for my "100% refundable" unsuccessful .Info LR2 applications.

They refused to return my emails or otherwise respond to my requests for refunds.

Not realizing it the FirstUSA visa credit card I used only allows 60 days for disputes (AT&T and Discover cards have no such limits and I have successfully disputed charges as much 9 months after the charge) so they refused to allow me to dispute the charge.

I closed my FirstUSA visa account.

I'm out $374.00 to EasySpace and there is nothing I can do about it.

I wonder if EasySpace planed it that way ....

Thank you for giving me the opertunity to warn others about EasySpace's business practices.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your input is highly appreciated regarding this certain webhosting company. At least we help others aware about it.

Cheers,
tw

crabby

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Easyspace appears desperate, trying to sell those shitty New.net subdomains. I'd stay away from Easyspace, just for that reason.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JustMe said:
They still owe me $374.00 for my "100% refundable" unsuccessful .Info LR2 applications....
easyspace.com is really a pain. I regged some .cn's there last year, and they charged me for 42 names while actually got me 39, I could only locate two out of the three lost names (easyspace sent me only the receipts of successful regs ), and asked them to refund. They refused at first, but yielded after my charge back threats. As for the other lost one, easyspace never answered my emails.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Similar experience with Easyspace. Bad No refunds on promised services not delivered. Same with BB Online UK. Stay with the US registrars.
Doc

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the thing with hosting is that higher costs arent better.

admitedly, a company that charges less for space may be slower because so many people will be using it, however there is no major decrease in performance.

it is usually larger companies who have larger prices, they can do this because they are trusted.

However if I said to you that I was offering 300MB Webspace, 20GB Transfer for less than $5pm... would you trust me? No, because you would think that my service is not as good because of the price.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we should point out that this thread is OVER 1 YEAR OLD!

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hotdog_pk said:
the thing with hosting is that higher costs arent better.

admitedly, a company that charges less for space may be slower because so many people will be using it, however there is no major decrease in performance.

it is usually larger companies who have larger prices, they can do this because they are trusted.....
You got a point there, but certainly easyspace.com is not the case. For example, they charge $26 for a .CN domains (eNom: $29.99), but you have to pay another $15 for DNS change or "allow to transfer". Even if you have paid for $41 per name, you still don't have any basic services, no email, no URL forwarding, no nothing. The worst is that they never reply your email if they don't like your questions.

DomainPeople.com charges $49.95 per .CN domain, it's no doubt a "larger price", but when I was trying to transfer a .CN name to a buyer's account, I got DOZENS of complaint emails from him, and it's been months after the transfer, the buyer has renewed the name for another year, but he is still not allowed to change the registrant name to his.

Bad registrars are bad registrars, no mater how much they charge for.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paid easyspace to register 4 .co.uk domains last Sept. Who knew you had to go to Nominet to check? Did that Feb. only to find out that one name was registered to me, one had been subsequently registered by someone else, and the other two were still available!! As one bloke wrote on the detagged.co.uk forum, most of the UK registrars just tell everyone to "fog off"!!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
flipsix said:

Thanks

Alicia

They suck big time, IMO. I had very poor experiences there a few yrs ago.

So bad I let all my names there drop rather than deal with the firm any longer.

Many have posted negatively about them in the past both here and at DS.

P.S. As an interesting aside, think I recall their support person was also named Alicia, if my memory is accurate, a big IF.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I lost a domain back on 2000 this way.
They SUCK!
I moved all my domains away!

Wm. M. said:
Paid easyspace to register 4 .co.uk domains last Sept. Who knew you had to go to Nominet to check? Did that Feb. only to find out that one name was registered to me, one had been subsequently registered by someone else, and the other two were still available!! As one bloke wrote on the detagged.co.uk forum, most of the UK registrars just tell everyone to "fog off"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom