Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone Use Go Daddy's 'Domain Discount Club'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cannot understant that with 2,677 domains that I need to pay $89.95 to get the best price but that seems to be the case as anywhere there is another nickel to be made, Go Daddy is there to suck it from you but...

My understanding from my rep is that you loose the right to use any discount promo codes once you PAY for this service. I don't really want to pay to loose the ability to buy back-orders with discount codes or to use coupons that give a better price than the 'BEST' price that the DCC offers (but doesn't always, it would appear).

Does anybody have any practical experience with this program? Also, any recommendations for registrars that sell domains to bulk users for $6.99-7.15 without having to PAY for the privilege? I would consider a move but not lightly given the pain. I am tired of the Go Daddy 'nickel and dime' game though.

Go Daddy indicates that they are going to improve things for domainers but in the meantime there is an opening as broad as a barn for a registrar that wants to sell at truly the best price (Costco style) and not play games in return for quantity sales.

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm using GoDaddy's DDC and quit happy with it :), it's only $7.05/com incl ICANN fee, so not bad actually. One of the reasons why I have decided to go for it, was the FREE Premium Cash Parking Plan. So in this case even 1 dollar/year from parking is making profit :) But thinking about moving to parked.com now, don't know...

And yes, you won't be able to use any promo codes... :(

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i use that - one advantage is you don't have to find discount cods every time you need to renue a domain or buy one.

back-orders: i did not do that ever so, no clue.

you can pay with check (pre pay) and get an additional 2% off if you like.

if you pay for 3 years you get 20% off of 89.00 so try that.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For .com registrations its fine ($7.05 incl. ICANN fee), but .net and .info are way cheaper at Moniker ($5.50 and $4.94 respectively whilst they are $7.19 each at GoDaddy, although .info 1st year is only $2.69). So as always it is a case of shopping around when registering domains.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I paid 'the penalty' and am now a DCC member. Certainly the price for .INFO and .NET should be less everywhere and Go Daddy should do much better on those prices. They and other registrars are making a killing on these extensions!

Thanks for the note on Moniker. It sure isn't real easy to find their prices on their site. If you enter a worthless (unused) name to register their system will come back with available domains and prices. They will probably be my .INFO (and, maybe .NET) registrar now. It's ashame to have to play all of these games.

You can save $20 on this service by entering 'CATALOG1' in the promo code box when you order the DDC service so you do get one last promo code to use. Thanks to DealTaker.com for that code.

My rep at Go Daddy, Jay Farrell, indicates that coupon codes for backorders are unaffected as this service doesn't cover that category.

My comments are not meant to be an afront or criticism of Mr. Farrell. I do believe that Go Daddy's game plan needs vast improvement for those of us who invest in domains. Perhaps Super Bowl ads of questionable taste, 'Go Daddy Girls' and celebs, '$96 worth of FREE services with every $8.95 domain purchase' but little charges around the edge for everything else, and cascading ads work for some but, frankly, I am sort of tired of it. I simply want an easy to use site with low prices relative to the quantity of business that you give them. That is what Go Daddy was back in 2002 when I first went with them. That is what I believe made them so successful originally. They or someone else, if needed, should remember that approach. 'Alway's the lowest price!' sans celebs has worked quite well for Wal-Mart. Costco's always 4% above cost (with membership fee) hasn't been a failure either. That WAS what Go Daddy was in the domain world back in 2002. Unfortunately with success they have lost this direction which may not be positive for the long term. To their credit, Jay tells me that they are planning to improve their service to domainers. I certainly hope that they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom