Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anyway to find out who owns a domain with Privacy protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTruck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I just joined the fray and have bucket loads of noob questions.

First up: I have a domain name in mind that is already registered, but is about to expire. I'd like to offer the owner some inducement to not let it go into receivership. However, I can't figure out how to reach this person as they have privacy protection and no contact information on the parking page.

I've checked Sedo, tdnam.com, and BuyDomains but don't see it advertised for sale.

Are there any ways to to get around this?

Mediamarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Red Truck,

You can still send an email to the contact listed on the whois. Many privacy protection services forward emails received to the owner or at least give the owner the option to allow emails forward.

For those that don't or if the owner doesn't want to be contacted it can be difficult.

Cheers

RedTruck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, I will give both a try.

Off topic, but ... does anyone aggregate ll of the domains for sale from the various auction houses?

Mediamarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domaintools.com in the 'for sale' section aggregates Sedo, Afternic and Buydomains but I don't know who does 'all' of them. Those are a few of the major listing companies though.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom