Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

aplus.net <-- extremely annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have received about seven messages on both my business phone line and even cell from them last month alone.... so far, this week.. i received two more.... they keep offering me "web hosting and design" services to help out with my "newly registered domain name"

the domains that they seem to mention i have registered with godaddy.... are they scanning its database or something towards the end of each month and soliciting... have they lost their mind?!

last month it was all indian ladies with a really bad accent, this month it sounds like they got some 15 year old fellas working the phones.......... anybody else getting this calls?

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received a recorded message in my vm from them. It was an English speaking gal from UK offering hostin/design/etc. Is this illegal what they are doing? It is more annoying than spam in my opinion.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, I used to get such calls from them, but not lately.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks seeker.. i guess they had disappeared for a little bit but are now back at it!

by the way... they contacted me this week regarding two .US 3 letter acronyms of one of my clients which are soon to be developed anyway.... but do you guys think this is appropriate???? for an established web-design/hosting company to be whois-tele-spamming? pretty lame and annoying...... but i'm sure they are getting tons and tons of leads

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These are the same guys that ripped off the public by taking pre-reg fees in the $thousands and never submitting any of them.

Netego

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
These are the same guys that ripped off the public by taking pre-reg fees in the $thousands and never submitting any of them.
A true statement.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got calls from them and told them several times to delete my number from their database.

i also promised to file a lawsuit, if i got any more calls.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they called me regarding domains i dont even own anymore... have sold them a couple of days after first registering them..... i think they are using a catched whois from each previous month'

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People like that bring a bad reputation to web design & hosting industry.
We could use some new clients too, but calling people at home (and not even bothering to check their timezone=calling them in the middle of the night) it's very sick!

biggedon said:
i also promised to file a lawsuit, if i got any more calls.
That is the best solution.This has to be stopped, before some others pick up the idea.

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are SO annoying. They left messages on my cell until I called back...Ugh

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Talking to a customer service rep. I'll get a transcript in a few.

I talked to joshh (ext. 6960) I also added some flair to make him feel bad such as the nat'l do not call list. I have no idea if your on it or not.
joshh: If you need help getting started with anything let me know! (877) 275-8763 ext. 6960
Visitor01708: Hi
joshh: howdy
Visitor01708: I wanted to inquire about why your company keeps calling me and other domain owners about getting hosting, design, etc.
joshh: ok
Visitor01708: Do you know why?
joshh: to try to sell you something
Visitor01708: You do know that most of us are on the nat'l do not call list. What makes you exempt from it?
joshh: i couldn't tell you

That was my convo w/ joshh. I suggest you all do this. Talk to abe (got a little sidebar w/ some fat dude pic of him. or any of the other undertrained texans.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"national do not call list"? I thought that thing didn't go into effect.

I just got a call from them today :-(

Philippe

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
doesn't matter.

--
The data contained in Go Daddy Software, Inc.'s WHOIS database,while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. Thisinformation is provided for the sole purpose of assisting youin obtaining information about domain name registration records.Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior writtenpermission of Go Daddy Software, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for anypurpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising andand solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agreenot to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronicprocesses designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.
--

godaddy should be the ones suing them. every registry whois I know of disallows automated collection of data and use for unsollicited advertising. I've received such a call once, yelled at the guy, told him about this and told him I'd warn the fcc, which I did.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The do not call list IS in effect, and aplus has already violated it twice.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...well then why are this morons still in business?

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
The do not call list IS in effect, and aplus has already violated it twice.
I will make a couple if calls to some friends regarding this :)

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I sit here wondering why I haven't been called I remember that I have some privacy thing w/ godaddy. My Phone # is apparently (480) 624-2599. I'm going to make a petition about this. If some of you want to help make the statement I would be thankful.
Email your suggestions to me.

[edit]
"We, the undersigned are annoyed of the calls made to us by aplus.net in order to provide hosting, design's, etc. This needs to stop."
Thats what I have so far. Anything I should add or change?

gshafir

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just had a conversation with their online chat:

chrisa: This is the Aplus Sales Department! I'm sure you have questions. I have the answers.
Visitor32910: stop calling me
chrisa: what is your number?
Visitor32910: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
chrisa: i can put it in the DNC list
chrisa: done
Visitor32910: thanks

Let's hope they abide by this, its my cell they keep calling.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gshafir said:
Just had a conversation with their online chat:

chrisa: This is the Aplus Sales Department! I'm sure you have questions. I have the answers.
Visitor32910: stop calling me
chrisa: what is your number?
Visitor32910: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
chrisa: i can put it in the DNC list
chrisa: done
Visitor32910: thanks

Let's hope they abide by this, its my cell they keep calling.

I did this about 9 months ago, and they have callled only once since, about 3 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom