Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Apple Bought Color.com Company Last Month For $7 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WOW! That is a crazy story! The company had received 41mil and funding and now sold for $7mil? Looks like several lawsuits going on from one of the stories.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Did they buy .mobi so they can have a mobile compliant web site?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As a sidenote, they also own colour.com

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They wanted a domain of mine which was very in line with what they did, the hype machine was in full swing at that time, we conversated via email, I did my homework, he has flipped 3-4 companies, his last company sold to apple as well. They had a talented team including linkedins previous chief architect, and lots of cash. I am sure they secured some nice options, and a open checkbook, and apple got some talent, and possibly some new IP for some future applications.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They wanted a domain of mine which was very in line with what they did, the hype machine was in full swing at that time, we conversated via email, I did my homework, he has flipped 3-4 companies, his last company sold to apple as well. They had a talented team including linkedins previous chief architect, and lots of cash. I am sure they secured some nice options, and a open checkbook, and apple got some talent, and possibly some new IP for some future applications.
Reading the links, I am not sure it is a done deal. Seems like an awful lot of infighting going on. Lawsuits have been filed. Plus, it looks like there will be more based on the amount of cash pumped into their organization ($41 mil) and a rather quick sale of $7mil. I am sure investors will want to know what the heck is going on. One of the investors was Bain Capital. Gee, I wonder where I have heard that name before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom