Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Appraisal and advice

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Waylan100

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not having enough money for other investment opportunites I went out and bought a few domains

Buybulk.coffee
Buybulk.today
Quickfix.cash
Nanobot.tech

I was planning on holding onto them for several years to see if I received any offers. Any advise or thoughts on these names would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF

Stay away from these new extensions, there is no market for them

Look at all the new extensions that come and go every year, none of them last

Stick to .COM when starting out in domaining

Waylan100

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF

Hey, thanks for the response. I think you're right, I should just have put the money into one .COM.

I was just trying to think of the future and thought as population increases so should the need for the new extensions.

Do you think in 30 years we will still all be after .coms?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was just trying to think of the future and thought as population increases so should the need for the new extensions.
No, it is a fallacy.
Even in developed countries the vast majority of people are not interested in buying their own domain names, even for regfee. They even use free E-mail services such as gmail etc. Domain names are usually bought for business, but the ordinary Internet users don't need their own domain names, and they don't want one.

So yes, the demand should continue to grow, but not in proportion to population size.

Do you think in 30 years we will still all be after .coms?
Actually, while .com is growing, its relative market share has declined vs ccTLDs. This is where the future is.

We all know there is shortage of good domains, but people are creative. They are not desperate to the point of using any TLD, especially when their competitors are using established extensions.

BTW I mentioned ccTLDs because they are very strong in some parts of the world, Europe in particular. They are often preferred to .com for local use, so if .com is a second choice there, you can imagine there is even less interest in new extensions in those markets.

You know what they say: it's already hard enough to sell good .com domains :)

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not having enough money for other investment opportunites I went out and bought a few domains

Buybulk.coffee
Buybulk.today
Quickfix.cash
Nanobot.tech

I was planning on holding onto them for several years to see if I received any offers. Any advise or thoughts on these names would be appreciated!

Cheers.
I agree with gilescoley in that if you are just starting out with investing in domains, you should stick with .coms. No matter how much registrars and registries push the new extensions, they just aren't what most people look for. There is also the confusion factor with the new extensions in that many people don't know about them and don't realize what they are. Your domain "Buybulk.coffee" will more than likely get a lot of people just typing in "Buybulkcoffee.com" since they don't realize that .coffee is an extension.

Another thing to consider is that most of the new extensions have high renewal fees, so holding onto them long enough to find a buyer might cost you a nice chunk of change.

It would be better to use all your money to buy the best .com domain that your budget will allow instead of buying many of the new extension domains.

papeter

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNF

Yes I have bought a handful of these new extensions, but at this time they are worthless. Maybe in a few years, but for now stick to .coms.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom