Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Appraisal and Development Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmacdon

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I realize this thread was locked before - no idea why - asked a few people but no one seemed to know why - so here goes:

Wondering if I could get some feedback on the domain flag.ca
Value + Development ideas.

Google Local (Canada) Search per month = 823,000

Much Thanks,
Rob

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Flag as the singular form would not be extremely interesting to an online flag supplier, and selling to the government is just about impossible due to policy issues, so you have a nice four-letter word domain name.

If you want to give it to a broker to peddle it for you, you might see a reasonable price from it eventually, otherwise maybe open a store selling flags? :?:

rmacdon

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the best use is a store - easy to ship :)

I was thinking sub domains as well in the store like:

canada.flag.ca
ontario.flag.ca
pei.flag.ca
novascotia.flag.ca
etc.

Great search volume. I have domains that have the singular and plural but found the singulars, so far, seem to do better - which seems strange to me as I always pursued the plurals.

Thanks,
Rob

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is the right idea - you get over a dozen stores that way, plus you could add countries quite easily, but you will need to get inventory and all that stuff. As I said before, it may be better to sell it to a strategic buyer.

rmacdon

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
True on the inventory but flags (easy to fold, ship etc.) make it easier. I once had an online gift store which was totally fun but packing and shipping was a total pain as there were lots of awkward items (various box sizes) - I think flags would be fairly easy. The hard part as with most domainers, who also work is finding the time :)

Thanks,
Rob

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely a flag store...so I typed in Flagstore.ca and I got FlagOutlet.ca. They have a large selection but couldn't find an affiliate program. I checked flags.ca but their domain doesn't resolve which is a shame. So yes, a store is the way to go. Look for a dropship program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom