Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Appraisal discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason this does not exist is because there is nothing to discuss about appraisal services. :)

If you want a pinpoint of how much your domain is worth, you need to look at things like Google frequency, searches, overture, domain age, traffic, relevancy, previous comparable sales etc. Automated and/or paid appraisal services are extremely inaccurate most of the times.

MD.

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reason this does not exist is because there is nothing to discuss about appraisal services. :)

If you want a pinpoint of how much your domain is worth, you need to look at things like Google frequency, searches, overture, domain age, traffic, relevancy, previous comparable sales etc. Automated and/or paid appraisal services are extremely inaccurate most of the times.

Hehe, you have a point there, but still they exist and there are many services like that, and I don't doubt they make good money on it. I recently tested monikers appraisal and wanted to discuss it somewhere..

Edit: BTW, the things you specify to look at above is just what some appraisal company's charge to do for you. But I agree that most of the times the appraisals are extremely inaccurate.

Last edited:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only appraisal that work is the price you sold a domain.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hehe, you have a point there, but still they exist and there are many services like that, and I don't doubt they make good money on it. I recently tested monikers appraisal and wanted to discuss it somewhere..

Edit: BTW, the things you specify to look at above is just what some appraisal company's charge to do for you. But I agree that most of the times the appraisals are extremely inaccurate.

Maybe start a thread in the Moniker Subforum with Thread title:
"List your Moniker Appraisals Service Feedback" or something like that...

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Actually, speaking as a newbie I disagree with this statement. I think there is quite a lot to discuss: the question of the various tld's versus one another; the questions of hyphens; the difference between the value to a reseller compared with an end-user; the dictionary word with adjective dotcom versus the same dictionary word alone dotnet, dotorg or dotinfo; the importance of the sequence of the words in a two or three-word domain; the value of keywords to parking or SEO; and so on.

When you are experienced the value of all these is probably a given, but when you're a newbie you're still feeling your way and I think a discussion along these lines would be very helpful - particularly when one gets so few responses to domain appraisal requests.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, speaking as a newbie I disagree with this statement. I think there is quite a lot to discuss: the question of the various tld's versus one another; the questions of hyphens; the difference between the value to a reseller compared with an end-user; the dictionary word with adjective dotcom versus the same dictionary word alone dotnet, dotorg or dotinfo; the importance of the sequence of the words in a two or three-word domain; the value of keywords to parking or SEO; and so on.

When you are experienced the value of all these is probably a given, but when you're a newbie you're still feeling your way and I think a discussion along these lines would be very helpful - particularly when one gets so few responses to domain appraisal requests.

Appraising a domain and discussing a domain's value is of course very important (which is why we've got the Appraisal forum section). But the thread starter here wants a forum for discussing different appraisal services, not appraisals in general.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a forum to discuss appraisal services, would only end up putting more money in those services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom