Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

closed Appraisal: Need help to put a value on Altbbs.com & Altbb.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone....

I have Altbbs.com, Altbb.com and the .nets and .orgs for both, these are some of the few domains I got. I like as much now, as when I got them if not more so. BBS stand for ( Bulletin board system ), the grand daddy of all the internet as we know it. Alt stands for ( Alternative or Alternate ). The grand mother, to all the free internet as we know it.

Alt.bbs stands for ( Alternative Bulletin board system ), usenet the news groups with most of the groups under it. With millions of user still, news and file sharing of all kinds under it, and all ISP's still have them so does google. As the net become the free internet as we now know it today, these terms have been used for forums, news groups, file sharing, support help on and on. Millions and millions seen and heard these terms, over and over again even till this day.

Newer people to the internet though, may have seen them most likely but do not know the history they have at all. Many have used part of the terms, like vBulletin, phpbb, forums, hacking groups, gaming, and many more. Even though the .com is on port 80, it could also be used on any other port that is open on computers. And could be used for, forums, news groups, tech support, file sharing, gaming, internet phone service, and much much more.

I think these could be reinvented easy, limiting them for usenet news groups would be a bad move. No money in that I would think, but forums and tech support, file sharing, phone service. And for other things would work much better, I think they would come into there own then easy. I was not even looking for these domains at all, but some other domains when I found them. Altbbs.com showed as unregged, I knew right away what it was and thought wooooooohhh.

I rechecked to make sure it really was that, and not a miss spelling or trick to get me to a domain resellers site. After that I checked for the other TLDs, and there they all was so I grabbed them all. Then checked for the Altbb.com, they was also all there so I grabbed them as well. Sure I under stand things have changed these days, but as I said these can be reinvented easy I'm sure. And to have all TLDs, is almost unheard of these days. What Altbbs.com stand for is ( Alternative Bulletin board system ), And Altbb.com ( Alternative Bulletin Board ), phpbb is really php bulletin board. They even say so on their site...

( phpBB is based on PHP, the fastest growing server-side scripting language on the web, which results in one of the fastest, feature-rich bulletin board systems available anywhere )

http://www.phpbb.com/features.php

And vbulletin surly is a bulletin board system as well, only the domains I got could be used for just about anything, with them being so generic. Alt and bbs cover alot of stuff, and could be easy be billed as the next gen. I think the domains got alot going for them, they are very short and well known. They can be used for many things, and they are part of internet history. And I got all TLDs for both of them, but what kind of value would you put on them if you had to ???

And what would you, do with them ??? Thanks! Tim

I can use any input, I know this is a hard one but that is why I'm asking here.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to even try to guess on these, are they worth regfee even, a little more or a lot more anything ???

Altbbs.com and Altbb.com

dilpreet

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
find the right buyer and it could pay u well if someone is interested.
.coms could be worth someting.

not sure about other extensions.

DomainsGT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
By locking up all the TLDs, you have some real value.

You are mostly correct about the history of the BBS, however, I don't think that the value will be derived from the history. I have learned that no one cares about the origins of the WWW (or Newsgroups as they were called).

I do think there is some real brandability in the name AltBB or AltBBS, with one being the miss type of the other.

I suggest you build a portal at each with a RSS Alt Newsgroup feed and enjoy PPC from SE's and banner advertising.

Not developed : $ xx each / $ xxx package
Developed : 50 X monthly revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom