Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Appraisal section

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That area is really slumping lately, just go have a look & you will see many posts there with "0" replies. I know a lot of the names listed there are not at all great lol ... but it really has fallen off from what it used to be (guess it doesn't help when 3 of the top appraisers got banned - CH/NC/Dr. Who).

Maybe you could up the DNF people get for posting a reply in there? 5 DNF or something?

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hummmmm....

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you cyphix, that there has been a lack of replies to posting in the appraisal section.

I too have posted names, that have either gotten "0" replies, even posted a name recently that got 126 views in 1 day,but got no replies.

The only solution is for members to become more active in this area, as I used to give a lot of replies, but since i got no replies to my posts, then I slacked off from participation.

I will try to make an effort to be more active in this area in the future.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the whole process need to be redone.

I also find it hard for resellers to give a retail price a buyer would pay... so we need to rethink and redo the process of appraisals.

Maybe hard facts to determine not guesswork.

I have visited many sites/boards that do appraisals and none are a true price a buyer would pay because the value is dictade by the buyer not the seller.... we will never really know.

-=DCG=-

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, this section needs to be redone badly.

I gave you some ideas on this DCG when you were asking for new ideas a while back in trade for traffic.

I know you have not used them yet, so no traffic:). However, one of the exclusive threads appears to be a little similar just going by its description.

I did not mention certificates by mail, but I said DNF needs a regular appraisal committee to really add some value to the appraisals. That way you get more professional appraisals with detailed descriptions instead of simple reg fee and $0.00 stamps etc.

DNJunkie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe make it compulsary before posting in apprasials section to apprise 5 other domains ??

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNJunkie
Maybe make it compulsary before posting in apprasials section to apprise 5 other domains ??

Then you have to consider which is better, a bad appraisal or no appraisal.

The appraisal section at DNF is pretty bad though. I post here and at free forums, and I dont get any response here while free forums I get a few appraisals. :huh:

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PCplay

I post here and at free forums, and I dont get any response here while free forums I get a few appraisals. :huh:

Same for me:disappoin

The appraisal section was once many times more active than the sale section here, but losing those 3 previously mentioned guys really hurt. You may not have liked what they said and the 0.00 to reg fee stamps could get a little boring, but at least you got a lot more responses. Now I pretty much skip that section entirely.

On the other hand, having something similar with guys trying to act like those 3 is not the answer either. DNF should offer better appraisals than the free forums, not try to copy or be like them. Thus, my suggestion for a committee or something like it.

If mods can be dedicated to special sections, why can't somebody just focus on the appraisal section? It certainly needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom