Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

APPRAISALS Serious Reminder needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A great many appraisals that have been posted on DNF are members asking for appraisals on name that THEY DO NOT OWN!

This is very annoying.

The appraisal section IS NOT to give a member an idea of valuation or how much to bid on an auction!

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A great many appraisals that have been posted on DNF are members asking for appraisals on name that THEY DO NOT OWN!

This is very annoying.

The appraisal section IS NOT to give a member an idea of valuation or how much to bid on an auction!

agreed!

please report such threads so they can be closed.

Thanks

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
agreed!

please report such threads so they can be closed.

Thanks
I have reported several.

I am not trying to police the forum, but naturally the ones I am interested in I view.

It is annoying because the person posting the appraisal does not own the name and can not accept offers. Only after sending an offer or viewing whois frequency do I find the person does not own the name. Or, in the case today, a person posted a name for appraisal and another member caught it as being an auction that still had 4 hours remaining - a name that apparently the other member and myself were watching on the auction list.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have reported several.

I am not trying to police the forum, but naturally the ones I am interested in I view.

It is annoying because the person posting the appraisal does not own the name and can not accept offers. Only after sending an offer or viewing whois frequency do I find the person does not own the name. Or, in the case today, a person posted a name for appraisal and another member caught it as being an auction that still had 4 hours remaining - a name that apparently the other member and myself were watching on the auction list.

if we don't police ourselves.....who will?

but thanks

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I need an appraisal for CNN.com, Doc. :D
I think it has traffic.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I call bs acro. That's my name!

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro , if you can grace delete and get your money back and run with the money , that domain is useless

Last edited:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need an appraisal for CNN.com, Doc. :D
I think it has traffic.

It has no traffic. That's why you should transfer it to me for reg fee.

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

This is very annoying.

Excellent point you raised there.

Another point raised sometime earlier ( i tried searching the thread , but couldn't find) :sigh2: was about some members selling domains , with false whois ( repeatedly ) . Shouldn't it be mandatory that they have correct info ? Sorry for thread jacking , but it's related .;) and i don't wish to create another one.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom