Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaintriix

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If someone is interested in your domain name, who's job is it to get the appraisal?

This guy is interested in one of my domain names and is asking me to get it done
at this place that does trade infringement and refuses to go elsewhere and it cost
$70.

What do you guys think?

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do NOT go for this! It is a well-known scam. You pay for the appraisal, then the "buyer" disappears, and you've lost your money.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This scam is over a decade old. I have never heard of anyone legit attempting this.

domaintriix

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you SO much for all of your help! Now I know.

However, does any Seller get appraisals done just to know what to price them as like
say at Sedo.com or SmartName or wherever?

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appraisals are pointless if nobody wants your domains, you need to know what to buy, and what NOT to buy.
Pricing domains is not the problem, finding buyers is.
For hints on pricing domains analyze the reported sales, comparable sales, see what sells and why :)

domaintriix

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Appraisals are pointless if nobody wants your domains, you need to know what to buy, and what NOT to buy.
Pricing domains is not the problem, finding buyers is.
For hints on pricing domains analyze the reported sales, comparable sales, see what sells and why :)

How do you know what to buy and what not to buy and I'm not saying like i know car.com isn't good but I'm saying other ones. Like i know .us isn't that great but i got souvenirshop.us and talked to Afternic cuz someone "claimed" they were interested but he said it was like worth $1000 when I was thinking "SouvenirShop" hahmmm .us (i know). Just thought it would be good to buy. Don't worry I didn't pay a reseller price. Just bought it from LuckyRegister.com

If you didn't know I think they have the cheapest domain names around.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appraisals, even the ones from Afternic, GoDaddy, Sedo, and the like, are usually highly overvalued and designed to make you feel good about the name. They are not very useful. You can see what domains go for on this forum (which are usually wholesale domainer-to-domainer prices), and on sites like Sedo, and NameBio.com, etc, that are more reflective of end user prices.

If you are new to the game and need help determining a value, try connecting with other domainers here that have been around for a while and they can probably give you a more accurate estimate of value. You are not supposed to post domains for appraisal that you do not own, however you can always ask for help and PM names to others for an opinion.

domaintriix

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Appraisals, even the ones from Afternic, GoDaddy, Sedo, and the like, are usually highly overvalued and designed to make you feel good about the name. They are not very useful. You can see what domains go for on this forum (which are usually wholesale domainer-to-domainer prices), and on sites like Sedo, and NameBio.com, etc, that are more reflective of end user prices.

If you are new to the game and need help determining a value, try connecting with other domainers here that have been around for a while and they can probably give you a more accurate estimate of value. You are not supposed to post domains for appraisal that you do not own, however you can always ask for help and PM names to others for an opinion.

Thanks for the feedback!

Icenevermelts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SCAMMER CONTINUES SCAMMING

[email protected]

Before we proceed further let me ask you for one thing:

First of all we both need a valuation (appraisal of your domain made by independent experts). It will show me you are a legitimate seller and the price of your domain is reasonale based on the last market trends. Please don't worry, it will take only 1-2 minutes to get this verification.

Please note we need a good in depth analysis made by experts but not an automated free service. Without it we both can't be sure in the price.

It will include the trademark verification as well. Just a formality to be sure you have no problems with trademarks. Good companies offers this as a part of appraisal.

To avoid mistakes and wasting money on useless services I asked in the forum about reliable valuation/TM verification services.

Please read this information:

http://www.seven-forums.net/<wbr>Archive/618947520.htm

Most of experts recommend official ICAAN appraisal service.

If the evaluation comes higher you can change your asking price. After you send me the professional evaluation via email (usually it takes one day to get the results) we'll be doing business.

jpaik78

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domains are extremely difficult to value because they are intangible assets, and the majority of domains have very little demand in the aftermarket. Without true comps, I've found that domain appraisals are pretty much worthless. Really your domain is only really worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You may have what you think is a great domain, but without a buyer, than it doesn't really have any value. On the flip side, it may only take one person/company to really like your domain, for it to have some value. It may be worthless to anyone else but them, but perhaps the domain is crucial to their branding. All of this is to say that there really isn't an easy sure-fire way to value a domain name. Like the sale of most things of value, it's going to take research, due dilligence, and some negotiating skills. Good luck!

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If someone is interested in your domain name, who's job is it to get the appraisal?

This guy is interested in one of my domain names and is asking me to get it done
at this place that does trade infringement and refuses to go elsewhere and it cost $70.

What do you guys think?

Received that not very long ago as well.- With a twist.-Character on other side suggested a place that did both appraisal and trade infringement search for 100 and up.-
Objected and was then told I could go wherever I wanted which I found weird as scammers do not make money off folks going to services unrelated to them.-

Assumed he just wanted to look ok with my choice but hoped I'd go to the service he picked for me.- Then told him I would not do it because I didn't believe in them and he gave me no guarantee he'd purchase the domain if the appraisal didn't go his way and I'd be out at least 100.-
It's a popular scam now.- Sender of email had an address for a web-hosting service that did look fine tho.-

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forgot to say his offer was very good for my domain and that raised a red flag right from the very start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom