Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Appraising Your Own Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangRabbit

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you figure out the value of a site you're selling?

I have a site. 190,000 uniques per month. PR7. Top 100,000 in Alexa. #2 and #3 in Google and #1 and #2 at Yahoo for the top search terms. 118,000 incoming links in MSN, Yahoo and Google combined. Big publicity in the media.

But revenue is low. About $2K per month. (original goal wasn't to make money -- think non-profit awareness type site).

So... if this were yours and you had prospective buyers in the same industry interested... how would you figure out the price?

Thanks!

Domain Days 2024

aldwin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
an easy way is to set a revenue multiplier and make a simple moltiplication.

the more complex way is to think about a potential commercial use for your traffic which will not scare away users, estimate the potential earnings, take 60-80% of that estimate and multiply it for your desired revenue multiplier so that you have your price.

DangRabbit

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aldwin,

Thanks. I don't really understand multipliers, but that is how the company that did the appraisal came up with a value, and is also why they capped the value of our traffic.

But how do you account for traffic, good market saturation, excellent search engine and linking prevalance, reputation, individual domains and content itself? Certainly, they must all have a value, no? We have become the "Pepsi" of our industry in reputation and popularity and I believe our prospective buyers know it. What kind of multipliers take that kind of Rep, PR and Marketing into account?

Any ideas are helpful...

aldwin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DangRabbit said:
Aldwin,

Thanks. I don't really understand multipliers, but that is how the company that did the appraisal came up with a value, and is also why they capped the value of our traffic.

A multiplier is equal to X years of revenue.
Usually when selling to resellers you may get 2-3 years revenue but you can go as high as 10 years for certain domains.

But how do you account for traffic, good market saturation, excellent search engine and linking prevalance, reputation, individual domains and content itself? Certainly, they must all have a value, no? We have become the "Pepsi" of our industry in reputation and popularity and I believe our prospective buyers know it. What kind of multipliers take that kind of Rep, PR and Marketing into account?

Any ideas are helpful...

That's a totally different thing.
All of that can surely bring a premium with itself, and usually you do that by increasing the multiplier.
It also depend on buyer.. if you want to have all taken into account it's better to find someone already in your industry or which may expand in that industry so that he may see the value all that carries.

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks GUYS! I was wondering about this the other day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom