Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Appropriate forum?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HostingBig

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

which one will be the appropriate forum to ask for help regarding my enom reseller account?

thanks.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey HostingBig. This forum is fine, or there is also a specific Domain Resellers forum as well.

Lot's of people here do a lot of business with eNom, so getting help should be no problem.

HostingBig

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

Since I am new to the domain reseller business I have few questions:

1. I have an $8.95 enom reseller account with $0 balance. If I deposit $100(by credit card) will remain$ 97. Now, when a customer purchase a $8.95 domain from me, how will this work out? what is the $97 balance in my account for?

2. I setup my enom API site (for testing) http://www.hostingbig.com/domains/ but I noticed that prices are not shown. Did I miss something?

3. If I have a $8.95 reseller account, why I cannot sell domains at $8.95, I tried to set the prices under RegistryRocket and I have to set .com/.net/.org to $10.25...to sell ?!!

Your help, suggestions is very appreciated.

Thanks.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe your reseller account is broken?

HostingBig

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am not too familiar with "broken"

I am able to login, setup my API site, refill my account (which I did not yet)....

I can modify my info... so looks OK to me...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have an 8.95 acct., why do you want to sell domains for 8.95?

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HostingBig

You do have the 3% fee that enom charges for the sale price plus the .95 cents per transaction. Your true cost is then

(8.95 x 1.03)+.95 = $10.17

As a reseller, you fund your reseller sub accounts, purchases. This is why you need a balance in your account.

Somebody please correct me if I have this wrong.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You don't fund your reseller sub-accounts in general terms (some might be confused by the thought of funding each independant sub-account under the reseller account), - however if you are using the API to sell individual names via your website, the "buyer" buys the name at the required price, but if the required price didn't meet the cost of the domain + Enom's charges, you as the reseller would foot the bill.
Hence if you have an account to buy at $8.95 and you resell at $8.95 using the API, you would be charged the difference for every domain you sell - not good business practice! So you can't do it. To sell at a lower price you would need a $6.95 reseller account.

HostingBig

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for help guys,

if I fund with $100 my $8.95 reseller account and then I get a $6.95 reseller account, will I be able to tranfer the funds to my $6.95 account?

Also I am still a little confused about this:
when a customer purchase a domain from my site, he gets charged lets say $10.17, where this money goes to and what enom will take out(if) from my funds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom