Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale April 30 TBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Feel free to discuss the upcoming weeks TBR.

I'll take a look at list before wednesday and post any decent ones being dropped. :)

Good luck!

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
some pretty average LLL.ca's at pool.

Nothing too impressive though.

mis_chiff

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a place to see the prices from the sales,
I'm curious to know what avatar.ca went for :)

I've been scanning some lists and noticed
some, well quite a few actually, dropping over
the next month or so are from one person....
anybody here anything about a portfolio dropping?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool seems to specialize in grabbing the LLL.ca's lately.

Got two names at Sibername with no competition, armstronghomes and armstrongrealestate. Town of about 5,000 between Vernon and SalmonArm, BC.

Does anyone know what the big domain was this week? Saw one bid over $1,000 at Namespro, and it wasn't webtv or avatar. I thought those two were the best.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I only got one domain at sibername this week. The rest are in auction at pool.

I also saw the $1000+ bid at namespro. Not sure which domain it was.

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heh, that bid was me from :) But they didnt get it Arrgghhh!

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Feel free to discuss the upcoming weeks TBR.

I'll take a look at list before wednesday and post any decent ones being dropped. :)

Good luck!

As much as I enjoy talking about TBR and picking up the scoop on what people are running after. I have to wonder why people would chat about the hottest name when they are trying to grab them.

I've ranted about this year after year. The aftermarket still sucks but the TBR market is inflated. Very inbalanced. You keep asking what people are interested in, so please tell us all what your going after so we can jump all over it. I have to fight this each week by bidding high on names I'd otherwise get cheap because they werent noticed. I end up bidding up the opposing domainer as a result, sometimes sucking them in to pay too high hoping they wont have much money left for the next auction, or hoping to discourage them from other auctions. I play it by ear, and hopefully play them a little. The funny thing about it all is we're battling each other here, and we pay the price with our money clips.

I'll never contribute information on domains I'm interested in, and my friends here dont contribute information on domains they know I'm after as well.

Think about it.

Kevin

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Jacksplat,

I don't post the domains i am interested in ...unless a) auction starts or b) after i acquire them. I simply just start this thread every week for people who like to discuss the domains in the weeks TBR. As you know most go into auction so is no harm in discussing when that happens.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As much as I enjoy talking about TBR and picking up the scoop on what people are running after. I have to wonder why people would chat about the hottest name when they are trying to grab them.

I've ranted about this year after year. The aftermarket still sucks but the TBR market is inflated. Very inbalanced. You keep asking what people are interested in, so please tell us all what your going after so we can jump all over it. I have to fight this each week by bidding high on names I'd otherwise get cheap because they werent noticed. I end up bidding up the opposing domainer as a result, sometimes sucking them in to pay too high hoping they wont have much money left for the next auction, or hoping to discourage them from other auctions. I play it by ear, and hopefully play them a little. The funny thing about it all is we're battling each other here, and we pay the price with our money clips.

I'll never contribute information on domains I'm interested in, and my friends here dont contribute information on domains they know I'm after as well.

Think about it.

Kevin

I would have to agree 100% on this point. The industry is playing us because I keep seeing the same people bidding on names over at Pool. There aren't many end-users who even understand what a TBR auction is, let alone have the ability to bid against us. I keep seeing end-user pricing at the auctions which is fine, but not when we're bidding against other resellers. It's either that, or DNF is not up to market standards (which we know is probably not true).

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Pool auctions that ended...

akd.ca $161
ggk.ca $110
kbv.ca $155
pcw.ca $471
tua.ca $175

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Think about it.

Kevin
Amen, about time somebody said something.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What sucks is I enjoy talking TBR and .ca with others. The catch is in a forum domainers just create more competition. This is why I like talking on the phone with some of you guys. Keeps it under the rug when needed. If the aftermarket ever becomes reality, a forum will only help us. But until that time there are too many trollers just digging for the scoop (myself included)

I can't tell you how many times discussion of some domains pre-auction finale I've lost hundreds of dollars with interested parties.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom